* My DVD player doesn't recognize CD's ? *

bigbonthabeat

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
I finished building my computer in January, but since then, I have had a problem playing CD's. My player plays DVDs just fine, but it doesn't recognize CDs. This was my first build so I might have forgotten to plug something up. Does anyone have suggeestions on what might be the problem? I don't even know where to start.

thanks!

bigbonthabeat

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
yes, it is that one. But I was wondering if I was missing a connection or something. I connected the DVD player to my power supply, but thats it. Is that the only connection I need for it to work? Or do I need to also connect it to something else ?

In your original post, you wrote "My player plays DVDs just fine, but it doesn't recognize CDs." That's why we all incorrectly presumed that only CDs couldn't be read. Why did you buy an IDE instead of a SATA DVD-RW?

bigbonthabeat

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
I meant that I forgot to mention that I DID plug the IDE cable into the motherboard. And my player ONLY plays DVDS not Cds. The reason why I'm using an IDE is because I had this in another computer so instead of buying a new one, I just used this one.