A 5770 Question

vktewari

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Well, at present I have a Nvidia 9400 GT and I am about to upgrade to an ATI Radeon HD 5770 within ten days. My problem is that I have a 450 W PSU which does not have any PCI-Express power connector. Will the card work well without the connection? Or will I have to buy a new SMPS with PCI Express cable?

I have also read about the molex to PCI Express Converter, but I can't seem to find it in my city.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution

Well - figure since the dealer told you there is not a need for one if one is not included when it gets there make him add one or refund your purchase price since you made your purchase decision on his information (chances are though that one will be included !)

Mugenjin

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
the card won't work without plugging in the power connector.

anyway most companies bundle their card with some accessories, like an vga-dvi adapter, or that 2molex-1pci-e adapter. you should check different models of the 5770 and the accessories they come with.

Which one did you order ?? IF it is one of the ones stocked by Newegg just check there and you should be able to see if it is included in their pics. If one is not included Newegg carries them for $2.99 +$5.99 shipping - though you can probably find one cheaper locally without the shipping charges !! - Linkie

vktewari

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I did not order that online. I ordered it from a local dealer. He told me that there is no need for a PCI -E connector for that card. Idiot Dealers! However, I live in India and newegg does not work for me.

Yes but what brand and model did you order ? - all of the packages will include the same parts no matter what dealer you order from so if you know what you ordered and it is one of the ones Newegg caarries you can still use their pics to see if one is included in the package ( unless you ordered an OEM part that does not have any package !)

Well - figure since the dealer told you there is not a need for one if one is not included when it gets there make him add one or refund your purchase price since you made your purchase decision on his information (chances are though that one will be included !)

Solution