Supermicro C7X58 wint boot from first time

bubacka

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
Hello,
I have a supermicro c7x58 with mushkin 6gb and intel i920. The first time the system was built it didnot recognize the ram, after a bios update, the system started working, but it wont boot up from first time, it boots after the second or third time. Recently another bios update was released from supermicro and it didnot help.

I have checked all combinations with hardware switching back and forth, dfferent gpu etc..

The system POST randomly gives sometimes 3 beeps(memory error) or 4 beeps or 2.

Any thoughts on this issue?
Thanks
Martin

There are a lot of reports of that motherboard not working well with RAM rated over 1.5v. Which exact RAM kit do you have? Are there settings in the BIOS that allow you to manually set the RAM speed/timings/voltage to the correct settings? Have you run Memtest86+ to test for RAM errors?

bubacka

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
The RAM is 1.5v Mushkin Enhanced 6GB DDR3-1333 Ram Kit (PC-10666, 9-9-9-24, 998585)
Default recognized QPI is 6.4, but I had set it to 4.8 by recommendation by supermicro support desk.
Memtest86+ runned extensively and no error or malfunction was found.
There are settings related to the QPI and processor, I am not sure what settings should the bios have for the memory.