Reinstalling Win XP on a new drive - activation?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows XP
  • Performance
  • Microsoft
November 15, 2004 8:34:40 PM

Hi, I am thinking about a complete reinstall of XP to get over some
performance issues. What happens with activation when you reinstall from
scratch?

Tony

More about : reinstalling win drive activation

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 8:34:41 PM

Tony.
Not much.
Install Windows XP normally.
Attempt internet activation.
If that fails, choose the option to activate by phone.
Call the displayed number, done in about 5 minutes.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

!