Reinstalling Win XP on a new drive - activation?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi, I am thinking about a complete reinstall of XP to get over some
performance issues. What happens with activation when you reinstall from
scratch?

Tony

Tony.
Not much.
Install Windows XP normally.
Attempt internet activation.
If that fails, choose the option to activate by phone.
Call the displayed number, done in about 5 minutes.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/