Your question

Crossfire

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Crossfire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 19, 2010 3:47:11 PM

what is it?? and i heard and or know that if you going to use two graphic cards then you should have the same card for 2 slots

why would i need two graphic cards compared to having one?? i don't fully understand this

i already ordered my new computer and now im reading about this cross fire i got radeon ATI 5770 graphic card and if i put another one in is it gonna make it a whole lot of difference???

keep in mind i only play star craft and counter strike and i just brought aliens vs predators 2010 game and maybe i'll probably be looking into more games donno which one yet

More about : crossfire

February 19, 2010 3:54:41 PM

Quote:
why would i need two graphic cards compared to having one?? i don't fully understand this

I just felt like quoting this...please forgive me on this one.
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
February 19, 2010 3:58:02 PM

Its always good to search the forum :) 
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245454-33-crossfire-f...
"What is CrossFire ?
CrossFire is a high-performance PC Gaming Platform technology that enables multiple ATI Radeon graphics cards and a CrossFire-ready motherboard in a single computer to increase graphics quality and performance.

What is CrossFireX(Quad CrossFire)?
I found a very good definition for it in techreport.com:
CrossFireX is, quite simply, an extension of the CrossFire dual-GPU feature to three and four GPUs."
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
February 19, 2010 4:43:16 PM

Why would you have dual over head cams compared to one on an engine?

Simple answer, more performance.

In order to use crossfire you need a motherboard with at least two PCI-E 16x length slots. It's best if both slots can operate in 16x or 8x mode, but mixing them (like using one card in a 16x slot and other in a 4x slot) is not advisable as it causes performance problems. It also depends on your CPU and settings since if your GPUs are waiting on the CPU for data they won't offer you a whole lot more performance. Some games also respond better to crossfire than others.
m
l
!