GTX 260 WORST THAN A 7600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristan101

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll439/Juanpy17/Untitled-1.jpgHEY THERE, I RECENTLY COMPLETED MY RIG, AND I NOTICE THAT MY GTX 260 IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY , FIRST WHEN I'M PLAYING COD 4, IT DROPS FROM 60 FPS, TO 20 AND 30 FPS, AND THE GAME GETS UNPLAYABLE.

BUT THE WORST THING IS I DOWNLOADED A PROGRAM CALLED, "VIDEO CARD STABILITY TEST" AND WHEN I BENCHMARK THE CARD, IT SHOWS A SCORE OF 136 , SO WHEN I COMPARED IT TO OTHER RESULTS FROM THE SOFTWARE WEBSITE....

THIS IS WHAT I GET.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 865 - 899 1034 - 1064 <--> THIS SUPPOSE TO BE MY SCORE + -

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256MB AGP DDR3 (Non over clocked) 115 <---> THIS IS WHATS I HAVE +-

A 7600GT HAS ALMOST TWICE MY SCORE.

SOOO... WHATS WRONG HERE?

PC SPECS :

1. ASUS P6T
2. 6 GB OCZ 1600 TC
3. I7 920 STOCK
4. EVGA 260 GTX
5. NXZT TEMPEST <---> NO OVERHEATING ITS NOT A PROBLEM BECAUSE MY CARD STAYS BELOW 60c ON STRESS

I'M PLAYING ON A 50" SAMSUNG 1080p <---> BUTS THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM BECAUSE IT DOES THE SAME ON A 19" 720p.

ALL THE DRIVERS ARE UPDATED.
OS --> WINDOWS 7 64BIT

COMPUTER IS FREE OF VIRUS, THAT'S WHAT AVAST SAYS.

THE PC HAS ONLY 1 & 1/2 MONTHS OLD

I HAVE TEST , BENCHMARK, AND STRESS EVERYTHING ELSE.

SO I'M DONE, ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA?

THANKS - TRISTAN -

Solution
This is a new build so your best option is to talk to the people you bought the memory from with reguards to a warranty return. Some will send new replacements before recieving the defective ones, allowing you to keep the system running (if you ask nicely;) ).
As for testing, the error is probably on just one stick, so run the test with one stick in at a time untill you discover which is faulty then operate the system with that stick removed.
And, please stop typing in CAPITALS! It is considered that you are shouting and may be viewed as rude.

tristan101

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
WELL, THATS THE PROBL. IM TRYING NOT TO SEND THE CARD, BECAUSE I NEED THE PC, BUT I JUST TESTED THE RAM AND IT SAYS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEMORY ERROR DETECTED! COPYING BETWEEN E1F59FE AND E1F5940 DID NOT RESULT IN ACCURATE COPY.

MEMTEST HAS DETECTED THAT YOUR COMPUTER CANNOT ACCURATELY STORE DATA IN RAM.

YOU NEED TO FIX THIS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO I GUESS MAYBE IS NOT MY GPU AT ALL, OH GOD, NOW MY RAM IS BAD TOO. ANY IDEA?

This is a new build so your best option is to talk to the people you bought the memory from with reguards to a warranty return. Some will send new replacements before recieving the defective ones, allowing you to keep the system running (if you ask nicely;) ).
As for testing, the error is probably on just one stick, so run the test with one stick in at a time untill you discover which is faulty then operate the system with that stick removed.
And, please stop typing in CAPITALS! It is considered that you are shouting and may be viewed as rude.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS