Sign in with
Your question

Choosing tubing and fittings...

Last response: in Overclocking
December 25, 2012 4:05:49 PM

Hi, everyone! :D  This is the first time I'm attempting water cooling (and building a rig, for that matter).

Water cooling components I've chosen so far:

Radiator: XSPC RX360
Radiator fans: (3x) Scythe Glide Stream 120mm 1900rpm

Waterblock: Koolance CPU-380I

Pump: EK Waterblocks EK-DCP 4.0
Reservoir: EK Waterblocks EK-Reservoir Combo DCP 4.0

I'll be cooling only the CPU (i7 3930k), which will be running 24/7 @ a high OC.

--------------------------------------------------------

Basically, I have the components selected, but I'm having a hard time finding out which fittings and tubing to get (which sizes, etc.).

Any advice? ;) 
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2012 5:51:01 PM

I used the Phobya brand rotary compression fittings and bought multiple angled fittings like 90 degree and 45 degree and since they are all rotary style there is no binding or extra pressure on the tubing.
The tubing I used is Danger Den Dream Flex 3/8 x 5/8 all purchaced from Frozen CPU
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2012 7:36:33 PM

I had bought 1/2" tubing to start and after getting it decided to drop down to 3/8 due to the bulk of the 1/2 tubing and how large the bends would need to be in my rig.
The rotary fittings will allow a rotation that reduces the stress on the fittings.
This is what I bought http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13723/ex-tub-983/Dang...

Fittings http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15055/ex-tub-1128/Pho...

My Loop

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 11:38:38 AM

welcome, depaiReR, to watercooling. For a first timer, have you checked out the watercooling sticky? Its located in my sig and has alot of info. If there's a one stop solution to understand what you're doing, its the sticky :) 

now that that's out of the way,
what sort of overclocking goals are you looking forward to?
what are your reasons for watercooling?
what are the rest of your system specs?
how much will you absolutely spend on your watercooling project?

please get back to this post :) 

Edit:
*to answer your question:
Quote:
Basically, I have the components selected, but I'm having a hard time finding out which fittings and tubing to get (which sizes, etc.).

Any advice? :) 
Tubing and Fittings
^ found here

case fans don't go well with rads
the pump isn't good -> you can find better for a pump.
!