Thinkpad 770 DEAD?

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 24, 2004 3:07:47 AM

Ok when I power it on I can here the fan running but no post, no
beaps, no display. The fan starts out like it going to power up than
dies back down and repeats a few times than finaly just go's to a low
speed. I've tried the reset button and the F1 trick. I am very
familiar with desktops but never messed with a laptop before. This
is my first. Thank you for reading and please try to help if you
can.

==============

More about : thinkpad 770 dead

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 24, 2004 9:45:05 PM

Might be a bad power supply.

"amelot" <amelot@cox-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Ok when I power it on I can here the fan running but no post, no
> beaps, no display. The fan starts out like it going to power up than
> dies back down and repeats a few times than finaly just go's to a low
> speed. I've tried the reset button and the F1 trick. I am very
> familiar with desktops but never messed with a laptop before. This
> is my first. Thank you for reading and please try to help if you
> can.
>
> ==============
> troubleshooting newsgroups.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 25, 2004 1:09:15 AM

It shows battery at 100% or does it have an actual power supply. I
was also told to check the mobo

==============
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 25, 2004 3:09:49 AM

Change the CMOS (RTC) battery!

Regards,

James

Visit the NEW Thinkpad Forums: http://forum.thinkpads.com

==============
a b D Laptop
August 25, 2004 10:21:17 PM

If you need a place to buy one cheaply and quickly I'd recomment
http://www.batterysavings.com. I always use them. They have free
shipping, no tax and usually the best prices found on the internet.
My experience with them has always been good. I know for sure they
carry a lot of CMOS batteries as well as rechargable batteries for
laptops, camcorders, cellular phones, cordless phones. They even have
great deals on SimpleTech memory and storage products if you need
further upgrade.

James@thinkpads-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (JHEM) wrote in message news:<412c02fd$1_3@news.athenanews.com>...
> Change the CMOS (RTC) battery!
>
> Regards,
>
> James
>
> Visit the NEW Thinkpad Forums: http://forum.thinkpads.com
>
> ==============
> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 28, 2004 3:06:50 AM

Thanks I'm ordering a cmos battery. Will post and give results

==============
August 28, 2004 4:13:14 PM

You could get a replacement at Radio Shack.
The Radio Shack equilivent is CR-2025.

Regards ... John
August 28, 2004 10:43:43 PM

John wrote:
> You could get a replacement at Radio Shack.
> The Radio Shack equilivent is CR-2025.
>
> Regards ... John

Or you could stick a voltmeter on it and see if it's still
3V or so.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
Compaq Aero floppy,ram,battery.

Cmos battery didn't do the trick. I'm starting to run outa Ideas.
Any other sugestions. :x :x