Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer shocks me when I touch it.

Last response: in Components
May 9, 2010 7:21:05 PM

Looking for your thoughts....I was wondering about the grounding of my computer, but now think it might be me! All too often I thouch my computer and get a fairly good 'snap' shock. Anything I can do???
Thanks All,
John

More about : computer shocks touch

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
May 9, 2010 7:31:46 PM

Lmao.

Yes its you not the pc its self, the fact you get a shock tells you your PC case is grounded, and your building up alot of static up ...
a b ) Power supply
May 9, 2010 7:37:57 PM

Yes that is definitely a good sign that it is grounded properly.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
May 9, 2010 9:26:12 PM

well wasnt there a post here where some antec case's front panel ports were touching the case?
m
l
May 12, 2010 9:01:49 PM

stop rubbing your feet on the carpet. problem solved.
m
l
May 19, 2010 3:39:31 AM

Best answer selected by John1.
m
l
May 19, 2010 3:44:53 AM

Shaun o said:
Lmao.

Yes its you not the pc its self, the fact you get a shock tells you your PC case is grounded, and your building up alot of static up ...

Good to know...PC's OK, it's new...I'd 'hate' to short it??? I do have rugs in the house (no feet rubbing) usually wear socks and shoes and fleece stuff....I'll contact a rug/flooring store, I hope more vacumning doesn't help! Maybe a spray or the like. Anybody have any ideas about the rugs, besides ripping them out.
Thanks All,
John
m
l
February 28, 2013 10:07:34 PM

i'll only ever get a static shock from my pc. for example when i go to change a usb or something i never get a static shock from anything else. also if i change a front usb, get a shock and then go to plug in my optical link cable at the back and get anothe shock like 3 seconds later. this has happened someone said the psu might not be grounding the mobo properly ? its not like i shimmy across my living room like mc hammer in socks.

do you really think its me and not the computer?
m
l
!