Sign in with
Your question

1090T black edition OC to 4.2ghz possible?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 25, 2012 7:48:58 PM

Hey, this is my current system specs:

750w stealth quiet 2 PSU
1090T black edition (Currently OC to 3.8ghz) wqith a hyper 212+ cooler
Gigabyte GTX 670 OC and self OC Wind force 3x
M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 MOTHERBOARD
8GB of Vengeance series corsair 1600mhz
1TB seagate HDD
plus extra fans.

Now, what I want to do is over clock / get the best performance out of the 1090T I can because of my bottleneck between my CPU and GPU. I have tried to over clock to 20x multi aka 4.1ghz but have continuous problems which is because I believe my voltages and I leave it on auto. I have knowledge of OCing but very amateur. I really want to get the most out of my 1090T so I can game without my FPS drops.

I need help with settings and maybe even a skim of a how to guide for my motherboard and cpu. I know to access it but I'm to worried to mess with voltages. and other settings without fully knowing what they do. I' really appreciate a any advice or help with this.

Pretty much in short. How do I and if I can over clock my 1090T to 4.2ghz. Can my cooler keep it in the safe zone for temperatures or should I leave it be at 3.8ghz as it wont pass 53C currently. And what settings should I set the rest of the settings to optimize the CPU more.

Thanks.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 3:00:40 PM

Cooler should keep up , if you have a good 1090t 4.2 is possible . I'm @3.9 stable 24/7 . might have to up the voltage a touch to get 4.2
m
l
December 27, 2012 10:51:14 PM

How do I determine Voltages?
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 8:11:32 AM

You can download cpuz, it tells you the voltage that the processor is currently drawing along with alOt of other stuff.
m
l
December 28, 2012 6:20:21 PM

Yeah, I currently use that as well as core temp. I'm wondering how I actually like determine what my best voltage would be. I know the lower the better. But how can I know that it's the best voltage to use? Do I go low until I Blue screen or something with temperatures?
m
l
December 29, 2012 12:40:10 AM

Thats where the artisic part of OCing comes into play. You have to mess with the voltage and clock speeds to find a low enough voltage that gives you 4.2 ghz. When I do it I up the clock speed and test untill I BSOD and then up the voltage. Rinse and repeat while watching temps. It WILL take a while.
m
l
!