Crytek 2 vs. crytek 3

welshmousepk

Distinguished
crytek is a company.
i assume you mean cryengine.

cryengine3 is supposedly a new and improved version. buts its being developed with consoles in mind, which most likely means it will be much less than it COULD be, if it were developed for the more powerful platform.

but it could still prove to be much better than the second engine. until a game is released, we have no way to know.

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009

i think the ce3 will be separated from the console version and will utilize the full potential of the pc , dx11 etc... kinda stupid of crytek to release an inferior sequel on the graphics department, but who knows maybe they like to make a little money this time

welshmousepk

Distinguished

i agree.

i think alot of people are bashing crytek for releasing crysis 2 as a console game. but of all the devs out there, i would expect them most of all to appreciate what pc gamers have done for them.

im sure they will work hard to get the most out of the consoles, but i think they will work just as hard to get the most out of the pc.

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010

The developers have already said that they will max out all systems, including the PC.

In short:
Cryengine 3 PC > Cryengine 2 PC > Cryengine 3 Consoles