Sign in with
Your question

Overheating with water cooler

Last response: in Overclocking
December 26, 2012 1:00:11 AM

I got a thermaltake water2.0 pro but after setting the voltage to 1.4v the system will heat up to 90c on prim95 after a few minutes. i tried new thermal paste and replacing the cooler but i have the same issue. is that cooler just bad or is there something wrong with my cpu? it seems fine on idle (25-35c) and i can get some decent overclocks on low voltage but it heats up quite a bit. i had memory running at 2133mhz and after lowering it to 1600 the temps decreased temporarily but after a few more minutes on prime it reached 90c. no problem with my air flow. system is an intel 3820 on asrock x79 extreme6/gb
a c 330 K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 2:55:05 AM

Sounds like an air lock or a bad cooler. It isn't your CPU if it runs fine with the previous air cooler.

How is the radiator mounted in the case? How is the pump and tubing mounted? Have you checked that the pump is running? Any signs of malfunction?
m
l
December 26, 2012 3:00:12 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Sounds like an air lock or a bad cooler. It isn't your CPU if it runs fine with the previous air cooler.

How is the radiator mounted in the case? How is the pump and tubing mounted? Have you checked that the pump is running? Any signs of malfunction?

No I mean I used the same cooler again I just replaced it with a new one because I thought there might have been a defect but I still have the same problem
m
l
!