Solved

Watercooled at 90C help

i overvolted my intel 3820 to 1.4v and my temps already pass 90c on prime95. im using a thermaltake water2.0 pro. i already changed the thermalpaste and replaced the cooler but same issue. is that just a bad cooler or is there something worng with the cpu. idle temps are under 35c and no airflow problem.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about watercooled help
  1. Ivy Bridge runs hotter than Sandy Bridge, and you are pumping in a LOT of voltage, what clock speed are you running at? 1.4v is pretty high, closed loop coolers such are never as good as their custom loop counterparts, often even beaten by a good air cooler.

    Drop your voltage down lower than 1.4v.
  2. azathoth said:
    Ivy Bridge runs hotter than Sandy Bridge, and you are pumping in a LOT of voltage, what clock speed are you running at? 1.4v is pretty high, closed loop coolers such are never as good as their custom loop counterparts, often even beaten by a good air cooler.

    Drop your voltage down lower than 1.4v.

    An intel 3820 is sandy bridge. And yes I know it will never be as good as a custom loop but it shouldn't be that bad. 1.4v is also not that high for sb-e
  3. What else? Case airflow, ambient temps, etc.?
  4. amuffin said:
    What else? Case airflow, ambient temps, etc.?

    It's all in a storm Stryker stock fans running at full and room temp is around 76F. I was thinking thermaltake just doesn't do well at overclocked x79 systems so I was going to replace it with a h100i
  5. Best answer
    Go real watercooling.
  6. build your own loop instead of a h100, they sell the same rad for 28 bucks shipperd and you just need tubing and a pump as well as a block
  7. 06yfz450ridr said:
    build your own loop instead of a h100, they sell the same rad for 28 bucks shipperd and you just need tubing and a pump as well as a block

    Getting a real water system that's actually worth getting will be a lot more than an h100. But do you think this is a problem with my cooler or CPU?
  8. Cooler
    Moto
  9. Motopsychojdn said:
    Cooler
    Moto

    That's what I was thinking so I ended up replacing the unit and still had the same problem. Thats why i thought it might be my cpu. Is there a bad batch of coolers or something?
  10. Which mobo ur used and also give system information
  11. I think u r processor death quickly because of this over heat problem.when processor goto 90c not shutdown automatically.
    Solutions :Change to 1.35V or u want to oc to 1.4v use coolermaster v10 watercooler it is the only way to control heat.
    v10 has 2400rpm fan, 10heatpipes,ram cooling enabled .
  12. hytecgowthaman said:
    I think u r processor death quickly because of this over heat problem.when processor goto 90c not shutdown automatically.
    Solutions :Change to 1.35V or u want to oc to 1.4v use coolermaster v10 watercooler it is the only way to control heat.
    v10 has 2400rpm fan, 10heatpipes,ram cooling enabled .

    Motherboard is an asrock extreme6/gb..... And I didn't understand ur last post
  13. Best answer selected by awhiteguy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Intel Thermaltake Overclocking