Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is This All I Need?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 3:54:23 AM

So, I'm gonna get one of em fancy water cooling kits (this one to be exact). Is that all? Do I need to get anything extra? Do I need to replace the water after a while? Do I need to wash out the parts before I fill it up? To make it easy to install, I orderd a nice fancy asus am3+ MOBO so I will have a nice, clean and fresh board to replace my broken GD55.

More about : question

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 168 K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 6:31:49 AM

You will need coolant and some Anti-Microbial solution.

For Coolant, plain distilled water is best and can be found at most supermarkets. Can also get it at FrozenCPU.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14874/ex-liq-202/Alph...
Though I would buy it at the supermarket, will be much cheaper and I think you will need a bit more than a Litre.

Anti-Microbial solution, there are two options that most people go for.
- A Biocide, its a chemical that you add to the water that kills bacteria/algae, stopping them from growing in the loop. You actually receive some free (the Deadwater) since your buying from FrozenCPU.
- A Kill-Coil, a small strip of silver that also kills Bacteria and Algae. This is what I use since its just dropping it in the res and forgetting about it, dont have to re-apply like a Biocide.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/Iand...
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 76 K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 7:19:30 AM

Quote:
Do I need to replace the water after a while?
Maintenance

Quote:
Do I need to wash out the parts before I fill it up?
Building & Filling a loop

found here

* +1 to manofchalk's points.

In case you may have missed something, the sticky would be a checklist for them :) 

** please try and keep most of your thoughts on one thread, will help posters/members keep on track, its okay to expand the topic of a thread. Opening multiple threads usually end up to be messy business.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b K Overclocking
January 1, 2013 11:47:45 PM

Best answer selected by melikepie.
a c 324 K Overclocking
January 2, 2013 1:45:25 AM

This topic has been closed by Rubix_1011
!