Sign in with
Your question

Plz help me overclock i72600k at 4.8 - 5ghz

Last response: in Overclocking
December 26, 2012 4:05:55 AM

hi guys , i want to overclock my i7 2600k to 4.8 or 5.0ghz ... i jus play games and nothing else and the reason why i want to overclock is coz i want my pc to be super fast. i stay in india and the temp here varies from 30 to 44 degree celcius. i want to keep it at 4.8 or 5ghz 24/7. my config is :-
case :- cooler master HAF 912
motherboard:- asus maximus v gene
cpu :- i7 2600k
cooler :- corsair h80i
ram :- G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB ddr3 1600. Model no- F3-1600C7D-16GTX
graphic card:- asus hd 6950 2gb.
harddisk :- 1tb seagate
PSU :- corsair cx750w.

plz guide me whether it is possible or not and if yes then what should i keep in mind while doing it and i would also change the ram timings so is it ok if i overclock my ram as well ?
December 26, 2012 5:39:35 AM

To be completely honest i don't think you can go up that high on the hertz or that would hurtz your computer if you dont put the radiator in a fridge. And also with i7 you already have plenty of speed for games but i think it is a little extreme for games. you could overclock it to about 4.5ghz and that is pushing it since you do have a good cooler but i would limit it at that with the ambient temp being so high. And about the ram you can overclock that if you want it doesn't generate that much heat. Unless you did heavy duty rendering you don't need that much power in the cpu region. I have a i5-2500 and its great at stock clock Oh, and very nice computer.
December 26, 2012 6:00:04 AM

Thankyou so much HungryFiend ... bro , i am going to overclock for the first time in my entire life and i've read loadsssssss of articles on n no. of sites but i dun have any personal experience so i dont know much bout the voltage and you know stuff like that. could you please tell me what would be an idle voltage and will 4.8 be ok ? and my ram timings are ddr31600 7-8-8-24 .. i wanna know how to overclock it ... which figures should i change and to what ?
December 26, 2012 6:03:02 AM

HungryFiend said:
To be completely honest i don't think you can go up that high on the hertz or that would hurtz your computer if you dont put the radiator in a fridge. And also with i7 you already have plenty of speed for games but i think it is a little extreme for games. you could overclock it to about 4.5ghz and that is pushing it since you do have a good cooler but i would limit it at that with the ambient temp being so high. And about the ram you can overclock that if you want it doesn't generate that much heat. Unless you did heavy duty rendering you don't need that much power in the cpu region. I have a i5-2500 and its great at stock clock Oh, and very nice computer.

!