Sign in with
Your question

New Build Finished!! Yay! (Thanks for the help)

Last response: in Systems
March 2, 2010 10:48:29 PM

I have no clue where my original thread a month or so ago went where I was asking for suggestions and ideas for my $1000 Mid-Gaming Build from scratch but based on some opinions and research and deals here's what I finally pieced together:

My New Rig:

Antec 902 Case
Asus P7P55D-Pro
Core i5-750 (OC'd about 3.6GHz)
Hyper 212+ Cooling
ADATA Gaming Series 4GB DDR3 1600 (tightened to 8-8-8-24)
WD Cavair Black 750GB
Antec Earthwatts 750w PSU
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 (just one for now, Xfire soon)
Asus VH242H 23.6" 5ms 1080p Monitor
Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

So far I'm really happy with the build and how it's performing and also how Windows 7 turned out. Got to indulge in some older games like DooM 3, Max Payne 1/2, Morrowind/Obilivion, and Day of Defeat which I haven't played in forever and now they run at full and very smooth. Can't wait to try some newer games!!

Anyways, thanks for all the help and suggestions!

More about : build finished yay

March 2, 2010 10:54:51 PM

hmmm lol... i have that same ram its great!! I might of even of been the one to suggest it to you lol
March 2, 2010 10:55:56 PM

however i would recomend xfx for you graphics card instead of saphire only for the fact that thier warrantie is a double life time warranty and it covers overclock!!!
Related resources
March 2, 2010 10:58:00 PM

Actually the ram I was looking at originally was some Corsair Gaming stuff which was about $10 to $20 more but came reccomended but after reading tons of reviews on Newegg and trying to pinch as much as I could I settled on that RAM and I really love it. The heat spreaders are very sleek and it's very stable!
March 2, 2010 10:58:12 PM

Congrats mate :)  What to do with yourself now its all built though! Any photos of the finished product?
March 2, 2010 10:59:56 PM

I didn't know that about XFX, have to look into that next time. My last couple cards have been Sapphire (even though they was a long time ago) I never had any problems.

When I goto Crossfire is it going to make a huge difference if I get a different brand 5770?!?!
March 2, 2010 11:01:45 PM

No pics yet, I'll take some soon. Still working on the whole cable management thing. The PSU I got is really only semi-modular and of course the 8-pin connector isn't long enough to go around and behind the mobo/case so I plan on buying an extender soon. But it's still the cleanest looking build I've ever done!
March 2, 2010 11:09:27 PM

no it wont matter when you crossfire if they are different brands it is the same chipset..
!