7970 Bios problem - help please

Hi all,

So i got a Gigabyte 7970 Windforce OC non Ghz edition.

Card is rev 2.1.

Was working fine till i attempted to flash it to ghz edition.

I seem to of flashed both bios positions 1 & 2. Thought bios 2 was copy protected but apparently on rev 2.1 it is not.

Now im stuck with 2 ghz bios's that both give BSOD on boot.

I flashed using the tahiti_xtghz_c36610_bios_june29_2012_7z
How do i revert back to original bios as neither bios positions with switch will boot without bsod.

Is my card bricked? Can i RMA?
7 answers Last reply
More about 7970 bios problem please
  1. Warhog22 said:
    Hi all,

So i got a Gigabyte 7970 Windforce OC non Ghz edition.

Card is rev 2.1.

Was working fine till i attempted to flash it to ghz edition.

I seem to of flashed both bios positions 1 & 2. Thought bios 2 was copy protected but apparently on rev 2.1 it is not.

Now im stuck with 2 ghz bios's that both give BSOD on boot.

I flashed using the tahiti_xtghz_c36610_bios_june29_2012_7z
    How do i revert back to original bios as neither bios positions with switch will boot without bsod.

Is my card bricked? Can i RMA?

I hope that you have a backup of the original BIOS version. Try to boot up with Windows in secure mode and try to flash the original BIOS from there.

If that doesn't work, sorry but warranty doesn't cover bad flash or overclock.
  2. Ok after uninstalling all my amd drivers in OS the card will boot into windows.

But if i install say catalyst control center i will get bsod on boot.

So basically now im trying to flash it back to the original bios which i downloaded from techpowerup.com. Except i cannot figuire out how to make a DoS start up disk using a usb stick..
  3. To be able to use atiflash i mean
  4. Google that, you can find the answer very easy and quick...

And don't install CCC, just install the GPU driver.
  5. Meh been trying for 4 hours to flash in dos with atiflash. Thing keeps saying it cant find file when i enter the bios.rom name.

Anyway to do this not using DoS? Im terrible at it.

Pleeeease arrgghhh merry christmas
  6. Warhog22 said:
    Meh been trying for 4 hours to flash in dos with atiflash. Thing keeps saying it cant find file when i enter the bios.rom name.

Pleeeease arrgghhh merry christmas

Should exist other way, I have not much experience with ATI since I always use nVidia...but should exist another way.
  7. Meh been trying for 4 hours to flash in dos with atiflash. Thing keeps saying it cant find file when i enter the bios.rom name.

hello man my god i have the same problem like you did you find the way to reflash to original bios?also when i try in dos with atiflash the same problem saying it cant find file.
    help me man
    grettings
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards BIOS Blue Screen Overclocking