PB imedia 2459 wont boot

robmar0se

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Basically I have tried all I know apart from a clean install.

1.after boot screen just a blank screen
2. In safe mode, lists out files etc as usual then stops
3.Tried XP repair install, goes through the delete copy proceesss successfully, then on reboot returns to either 1 or 2 above
4 HDD checked 100% clean
5 Ram test 100% okay
6. Malwarebytes run against hdd, clean
7 checked files such as boot.ini, hall.dll, ntldr. all as they should be?

Any other ideas before the real hassle of a clean install, and re-install of a myriad of applications?

PS Graphics is inbuilt into the mobo

TIA

robmar0se

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
:hello: charlie here: first uninstall malwarebytes it's a fake...malware in it self it comes in different states, the the normal is like the cookie that Ur bank put on ur computer it has Ur ID but not Ur PW but IP so they know who u r when u come back, now there's the Trojan it will track u & try to get u to came back to a site u ur were on shopping on, NO keylogging that to be fiscally be put on by somebody, NO infecting all r harmless deleting cookies.history & temps & there gone u can set ur browser to delete them when u close the browser..
How if someone warned u of a virus, what would u do, report them for saying virus or what? if u would like for me to warn people tell....... YAHOO !! a lot of people have reported me & YAHOO suspends me????? it's called A Card For You it comes in a email delete it... :bounce: cool lol

Thank you Charkie for yr views. The system won't boot; malwarebytes is not on the offending machine so I'm not sure yr advice resolves the problem. Malwarebytes was simply run against the hdd on another PC. Most amateur hacks actually rate Malwarebytes quite highly, yours is the first negative comment about it; still as it isn't impacting the problem machine its probably not important.

Have a good day......