My laptop wont load how can i reset it now

c00ki3_04

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hello,
my laptop wont load like it goes to the front page and none of my short cuts come up ive tried loading them throw the start menu but they still wont load my computer has a few viruses but it wont let my avg get rid of them can i reset my computer somehow and if i do will it solve the problem please help its really annoying it all started whe n i tried finding a way to fix msn's error code 8e5e0152

popatim

Titan
Format and reinstall would probably be the quickest way since you already know you have virus issues. Other than that, at this point you almost need to remove the drive and disinfect it using another pc... if you can find someone willing to connect your infected drive to their pc - no small task there. Good luck.

rattman169

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
2 options, if you can, first go to run and type msconfig, click startup tab and uncheck everything but the ones for AVG, hit apply, restart PC, then go online to www.trendmicro.com on the left side it has for home users "free tools", download housecall 32bit or 64bit depending on OS, run housecall to remove spyware, malware, virii... this will effectively fix several problems, then uninstall MSN redownload and install, 2nd option is to hit alt andf10 when starting laptop, this will bring up the restore option to restore the image as if you just got the laptop, of course this option you lose everything on laptop that is not backed up.