Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] Win7 and X-fi Xtremegamer sound issues.

Last response: in Components
May 10, 2010 1:48:19 AM

I have no sound whatsoever when it comes to this card and my system.

This is what I have attempted so far.

I reinstalled Windows 7 completely, then went into the system bios and disabled the on-board sound as well as disabling them in the device manager. Then I installed the drivers for the XtremeGamer card and installed all of the updates. When this did not work, I used DriverSweeper to uninstall all the creative drivers and I reinstalled them all again. This also did nothing.

One thing I did find odd though was I was messing around in the Creative Console Launcher settings and whenever I hit 'default settings" I would catch a split second of sound and then I would be back to nothing.

I also tried to plug each Line-in I had into each jack on the video card to see if maybe I had the wrong cords plugged into the wrong jacks but this also did nothing. I am completely stumped on this one.
May 10, 2010 1:40:02 PM

Shovan said:
I have no sound whatsoever when it comes to this card and my system.

This is what I have attempted so far.

I reinstalled Windows 7 completely, then went into the system bios and disabled the on-board sound as well as disabling them in the device manager. Then I installed the drivers for the XtremeGamer card and installed all of the updates. When this did not work, I used DriverSweeper to uninstall all the creative drivers and I reinstalled them all again. This also did nothing.

One thing I did find odd though was I was messing around in the Creative Console Launcher settings and whenever I hit 'default settings" I would catch a split second of sound and then I would be back to nothing.

I also tried to plug each Line-in I had into each jack on the video card to see if maybe I had the wrong cords plugged into the wrong jacks but this also did nothing. I am completely stumped on this one.

I feel completely silly to what the real problem is. Under it's settings there was a section that dealt with headphones. It was set up to automatically mute speaks when it detected that a headphone was plugged in (Which was plugged in for sound on my PS3)
m
l
!