No sound after video card overclock

plz help a day back i tried overclocking a crappy radeon hd2400 pro in a hp dc7700 it mad no difference in performance so i uninstalled i think the overclock has affected some of the motherboard integrated sound drivers as there is no card recognised or any drivers for motherboard resources but then it says driver version 5.xxxxx is there anything i can do to fix it plz help me here
4 answers Last reply
More about sound video card overclock
  1. Could you try a restore to a previous day of that overclock? The overclock should not affect the sound card, but we can try all possible solutions.
  2. no i dont think system restore was enabled, i think the overclock has affected the drivers for the integrated sound card because in device manager there are motherboard resources 4 times and others i think when i click on them it says there are no drvers installed and then it says driver version 5.1.2.6xxxxxxxx and i am able to unistall so my question is where can i get these driver for a dc7700 sff pc i bought the computer used so i dont have the disc
  3. You can download the drivers from the manufacturer's site, in this case, HP should have a page download for the drivers of your PC model. Check there and if you find it, uninstall the driver and install it again.
  4. zpaynter96 said:
    plz help a day back i tried overclocking a crappy radeon hd2400 pro in a hp dc7700 it mad no difference in performance so i uninstalled i think the overclock has affected some of the motherboard integrated sound drivers as there is no card recognised or any drivers for motherboard resources but then it says driver version 5.xxxxx is there anything i can do to fix it plz help me here

When you added the drivers for the HD2400 it automatically takes over the audio preferences and writes back to the bios.
    You have to go in to the bios and set the onboard audio to enabled / not "auto".
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking Drivers Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Motherboards