How to see the process running in windows

aparna123

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hi,

I want to know how to list all the process that are running and also how to kill a particular process using cmd prompt.

aparna123

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
can you tell me the entire command for taskkill. Actually I need to kill a script that is running in infinite loop. Also let me know if we need to kill the process from the particular directly where it is running?

Type in "taskkill /?" to get help on the usage. You don't need to be in any specific directory as the program is running in ram, not on your hard drive.

Also, you do know that you can right-click a process in the task manager and select "end process" to kill it, right? Process explorer is much better at it than the task manager.

That is where the task manager or process explorer come in. The task manager's "processes" tab shows all processes and their PID. process explorer also does the same plus has extra features. As stated earlier, both the task manager and process explorer allow you to kill a process just by right-clicking on them and select "end process".

Remember, the PID changes everytime the program launches so if you plan on writing a batch file or script, you are better off using the process name instead of the PID.

TRENDING THREADS