Asus m4n78 pro issue

vicious3t

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hello,
I just built a new machine. In the new build is an Asus M4N78 pro motherboard,pc 6400 ram 4 GB,680w PSU,9800 GT 512 mb card. I cannot get the video card working after trying different methods.Anyone have the solution to my problem i would deeply appreciate it.

vicious3t

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010

After searching around i found that i had to go to nvidia's website and update the motherboard drivers from there to get the pci-e slot to recognize the video card. So if anyone builds off the Asus M4N78 pro board DO NOT USE THE MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS DISK!Go to the nvidia website and download the drivers from there and save yourself the long headache that i had to go through.

G

Hi Vicious
I have the same problem, did what you said but doesnt seem to work, did you do anything else as well?

vicious3t

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hi Vicious
I have the same problem, did what you said but doesnt seem to work, did you do anything else as well?

Crumblys,

What I did was delete all the nvidia drivers that were present. Then I restarted the machine downloaded the drivers both video card and motherboard because it seems that the onboard video drivers must be updated first. So try doing the motherboard driver first then restart and then do the video card driver. I believe thats what I had done to finally to get it to work. Also i noticed that if i used firefox browser that it doesnt show the motherboard option so make sure you are using the internet explorer browser. Oh yea make sure the BIOS is flashed to the latest.

Fearlessdp

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I have the problem that my graphics card doesn't perform as it should. I have a GeForce 430GT 1GB DDR3 graphics card, and my games won't work as it should. Now i have read your post, but i am not shure what you mean by drivers for the motherboard (video card drivers are easy to get from nvidia's website). I can't seem to find the drivers for m4n78 pro motherboard on www.nvidia.com. please help