Divinity1996

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hello,
I just wonder if i would accidentaly break my graphics card by overclocking it,my manufacturer,Gainward would replace it?

Gainward or any other manufacturer will not replace the GPU if was dead by overclocking.

Now, the question is: What do you mean with "break"?, because your question tell me that you haven't much experience in overclocking.

Divinity1996

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
So,if they don't know.....they can replace it right?
*by break i mean overclocking it too much...but that is not the case...my problem is with the fact that the gpu makes a buzzing noise when i run furmak with dynamic camera(not from the fan)

If that's the problem, you can RMA the GPU and get another one for replacement, even, you can overclock it for test it more and the manufacturer will not know that.

The only way for a manufacturer know that you overclocked that GPU is if you removed the stock cooling and use some extreme things like LN2 or volt mods in the PCB...but in stock cooling is almost impossible to know.

Divinity1996

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I've read that some gpus make that noise when under very big stress,but i still dont know if that is normal for my card.And i dont want to RMA it until i am 100% sure it's broken.Guys can you help me?

User4798

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
i have never had a part in my pc that ticks. i think that you should replace it if you can. i once had a psu that ticked but i replaced it because it annoyed me.

G

furmark will stress the gpu more than ANYTHING ELSE. if that is only when the noise is heard, don't worry about it; nothing and i repeat NOTHING will stress the gpu like furmark.

Divinity1996

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
When i dont use dynamic camera,the gpu does not make that buzzing anymore(not ticking).Someone suggested to test it with 3dmark or something else.And someone told me that noone test's it for waranty with furmark.So IS IT BROKEN OR NOT?

G

no, its not "broken" just not perfect. from what i understand; there are several 79xx cards that have the same coil whine. won't affect performance or hurt the card, just be irritating as hell.

G

unfortunately not uncommon with those:
GPU Squealing?

G

no, since it may not solve the issue. the next one could very well likely have the same problem; so why waste the money shipping it?