Sign in with
Your question

Can i void gpu waranty?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 26, 2012 2:49:35 PM

Hello,
I just wonder if i would accidentaly break my graphics card by overclocking it,my manufacturer,Gainward would replace it?

More about : void gpu waranty

a c 1368 U Graphics card
a c 155 K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 3:13:56 PM

If they know it is overclocked by user, yes it can void the warranty.
a b U Graphics card
a c 288 K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 4:03:05 PM

Divinity1996 said:
Hello,
I just wonder if i would accidentaly break my graphics card by overclocking it,my manufacturer,Gainward would replace it?

Gainward or any other manufacturer will not replace the GPU if was dead by overclocking.

Now, the question is: What do you mean with "break"?, because your question tell me that you haven't much experience in overclocking.
Related resources
December 27, 2012 12:08:36 PM

So,if they don't know.....they can replace it right?
*by break i mean overclocking it too much...but that is not the case...my problem is with the fact that the gpu makes a buzzing noise when i run furmak with dynamic camera(not from the fan)
December 27, 2012 12:13:56 PM

Have you already overclocked it? If not then get them to replace it before you overclocked it.
a b U Graphics card
a c 288 K Overclocking
December 27, 2012 12:21:15 PM

Divinity1996 said:
*by break i mean overclocking it too much...but that is not the case...my problem is with the fact that the gpu makes a buzzing noise when i run furmak with dynamic camera(not from the fan)

If that's the problem, you can RMA the GPU and get another one for replacement, even, you can overclock it for test it more and the manufacturer will not know that.

The only way for a manufacturer know that you overclocked that GPU is if you removed the stock cooling and use some extreme things like LN2 or volt mods in the PCB...but in stock cooling is almost impossible to know.
December 27, 2012 1:08:10 PM

I've read that some gpus make that noise when under very big stress,but i still dont know if that is normal for my card.And i dont want to RMA it until i am 100% sure it's broken.Guys can you help me?
December 27, 2012 1:48:21 PM

i have never had a part in my pc that ticks. i think that you should replace it if you can. i once had a psu that ticked but i replaced it because it annoyed me.
December 27, 2012 1:49:00 PM

can you hear the buzzing if you use the gpu in another pc?
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 27, 2012 1:55:11 PM

Divinity1996 said:

furmark will stress the gpu more than ANYTHING ELSE. if that is only when the noise is heard, don't worry about it; nothing and i repeat NOTHING will stress the gpu like furmark.
December 27, 2012 2:46:26 PM

When i dont use dynamic camera,the gpu does not make that buzzing anymore(not ticking).Someone suggested to test it with 3dmark or something else.And someone told me that noone test's it for waranty with furmark.So IS IT BROKEN OR NOT?
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 27, 2012 2:56:16 PM

no, its not "broken" just not perfect. from what i understand; there are several 79xx cards that have the same coil whine. won't affect performance or hurt the card, just be irritating as hell.
December 27, 2012 3:00:30 PM

Can you hear it when you play fc3 because fc3 is the most GPU intensive game atm
December 27, 2012 3:01:37 PM

The card i use is a gtx650 ti and i dont know if thats normal for nvidia cards.I dont play fc3.
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 27, 2012 3:14:35 PM

Divinity1996 said:
The card i use is a gtx650 ti and i dont know if thats normal for nvidia cards.I dont play fc3.

unfortunately not uncommon with those:
GPU Squealing?
December 27, 2012 3:20:35 PM

Thnk you for your reply,one more quetion if you were me,would you RMA it?
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 27, 2012 3:29:40 PM

no, since it may not solve the issue. the next one could very well likely have the same problem; so why waste the money shipping it?
December 27, 2012 4:36:03 PM

yeah is sounds like its quite common so i wouldn't actually either.
!