Olympus warranty

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 28, 2004 5:29:20 PM

Is posted at:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_files/Lim...
deWarranty.pdf

See last 1/3rd of page 2. The warranty is limited to the original owner
and can not be transferred per their statement on their warranty

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

More about : olympus warranty

November 29, 2004 1:23:32 AM

"Bob Salomon" <bob_salomon@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Is posted at:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_files/Lim...
deWarranty.pdf

See last 1/3rd of page 2. The warranty is limited to the original owner
and can not be transferred per their statement on their warranty

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

I would suspect that most camera makers have the same limitation, not just
Olympus.
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 5:00:51 AM

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:29:20 -0500, Bob Salomon
<bob_salomon@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Is posted at:
>http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_files/Lim...
>deWarranty.pdf
>
>See last 1/3rd of page 2. The warranty is limited to the original owner
>and can not be transferred per their statement on their warranty

Thanks. I suspected as much.

At any rate, the camera I was thinking of bidding on is now getting
more bids than the zero bids it previously had, so I probably won't be
able to afford it anyway.

Cynthia
Related resources
November 29, 2004 9:00:43 AM

Yes, yet another in the endless string of problems with Olympus lack of
"service after the sale." They're too cheap to warranty their products for
the stated period. Warranty period by definition is the period after
shipment -- that a change in ownership may void the warranty is just one
more example of corporate greed affecting customer service.

After having owned a D-340L and C700, and struggling through their worthless
service, design flaws and expensive repair service, I would never buy
another one.

And, if I have to send in my problem-riddled C700 again to Olympus repair, I
guarantee you that I will first use it to wipe my butt before packing it up.

"BR549" <spamspam@spam.com> wrote in message

> "Bob Salomon" <bob_salomon@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Is posted at:
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_files/Lim...
> deWarranty.pdf
>
> See last 1/3rd of page 2. The warranty is limited to the original owner
> and can not be transferred per their statement on their warranty
>
> --
> To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
>

> I would suspect that most camera makers have the same limitation, not just
> Olympus.

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 12:52:54 PM

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> Yes, yet another in the endless string of problems with Olympus lack of
> "service after the sale." They're too cheap to warranty their products
> for
> the stated period. Warranty period by definition is the period after
> shipment -- that a change in ownership may void the warranty is just one
> more example of corporate greed affecting customer service.

No, it's absolutely standard practice. Transferrable warranties are rare.
The reason they are non-transferrable is to eliminate unusual kinds of use
(heavy commercial use, etc.) and opportunities for fraud.
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 6:23:45 PM

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message

> Yes, yet another in the endless string of problems with Olympus lack of
> "service after the sale." They're too cheap to warranty their products
> for
> the stated period. Warranty period by definition is the period after
> shipment -- that a change in ownership may void the warranty is just one
> more example of corporate greed affecting customer service.

In the USA, this claim is simply not true.

Manufacturers have the option of offering a "limited warranty" or a "full
warranty." A limited warranty is not required to be transferable beyond the
original retail sale. For more details, see:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode15/usc_sup...

I am not aware of *any* manufacturer of digital cameras that offers a full
warranty on their products in the USA; they all offer only a limited
warranty.
!