Your question
Closed

Last time of copy from CD

Last response: in Storage
March 18, 2012 12:49:15 PM

Hi All,

Is it possible to know when was the last time contents from a CD
were copied?

I suspect that when I was out someone has copied from my CD which contained confidential info.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Prati

More about : time copy

Best solution

a b G Storage
March 18, 2012 1:12:37 PM

Nope, but you could see what actions took place on the rig depending on the sort of OS you're using.
Lots of Logs to read thru and figure out what was happening when.
But if it is that important, I'm sure you'd be willing to go through the logs in the rig.
March 18, 2012 1:19:39 PM

Thanks for your quick reply.

I use Windows XP. Where to look for these logs?

Score
Related resources
March 19, 2012 12:46:48 PM

Hi,

Can you please tell exactly where do I get to see these logs? I am not aware of a 'rig'.

alyoshka said:
Nope, but you could see what actions took place on the rig depending on the sort of OS you're using.
Lots of Logs to read thru and figure out what was happening when.
But if it is that important, I'm sure you'd be willing to go through the logs in the rig.

Score
a b G Storage
March 19, 2012 12:59:01 PM

a 'rig' is simply another name for a computer (especially when we do not know if it is a laptop, desktop, workstation, server, or something else) In the administrative tools there are a whole slew of logs to look through. If you are logged in at the administrator then go to start, all programs, administrative tools.
Score
March 19, 2012 3:17:47 PM

Thanks, caedenv!
Score
a c 315 G Storage
March 21, 2012 2:42:47 PM

May I suggest that if you are going to put confidential data on portable media that you invest in an encryption tool or encrypting filesystem. Don't use NT's encrypting folders / filesystem, as this is tied to your user config on the host system and can't be read on other systems.

You can buy thumb drives with fairly strong encryption. Just pick a reasonably random passphrase, like "Apples measure mink towarty."
Score
March 28, 2012 6:16:26 AM

Best answer selected by prati.
Score
a c 202 G Storage
April 1, 2012 6:27:11 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!