Solved

What's the best value mobo for Athlon II X4 630

What's the best value mobo for Athlon II X4 630, my build only requires 1 pci-e x16 slot and 2 slots of RAM
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what mobo athlon
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

This ASUS M4A79XTD EVO is a very good option for u.
  2. It depends on your needs and budget. For example if you aren't overclocking then you won't need a board with great overclocking features and if you have a dedicated GPU you won't need onboard graphics. In general, ASUS and Gigabyte are you're safest bets and both manufacturers have very good build quality on most of their boards.

If it were me, I'd be deciding on a budget first then looking at the boards I could get at that price point. Make sure you read several technical as well as user reviews on a board before you make a purchase and pay special attention to any common issues or known faults. Hope this helps and good luck!
  3. MSI 785GM-E45 (£51) - can use DDR2 if you have it already or MSI 785GM-E51 (£56) for DDR3. The Gigabyte 785 UD2H was at £56 as well but has now gone up to about £65.
  4. Quote:
    DDR2 or DDR3?

Only need DDR2 but if DDR3 boards are the same price then DDR3
  5. moody89 said:
    It depends on your needs and budget. For example if you aren't overclocking then you won't need a board with great overclocking features and if you have a dedicated GPU you won't need onboard graphics. In general, ASUS and Gigabyte are you're safest bets and both manufacturers have very good build quality on most of their boards.

If it were me, I'd be deciding on a budget first then looking at the boards I could get at that price point. Make sure you read several technical as well as user reviews on a board before you make a purchase and pay special attention to any common issues or known faults. Hope this helps and good luck!

Im on a sub 100$ budget for motherboards, just normal stuff no overclocking capabilities.
  6. Best answer
    nazgul21 said:
    Im on a sub 100$ budget for motherboards, just normal stuff no overclocking capabilities.

With ur budget and needs, this two are good options:

1- ASUS M4A77TD
    2- GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3

For RAM this G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2GB) 1333 are a very good option.
  7. Best answer selected by nazgul21.
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Build PCI Express Components Product