thegunners

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Hello,
im bit of a newbie i just built my second computer system, i have a q9300 at 2.5ghz and i get these temps when using real temp (idle)

core 0:48
core 1:44
core 2:47
core 3:47

i dont have a stock cooler instead i use the coolmaster hyper 101 which i juts installed 2 days ago with some new thermal paste, should i be worried with these temp??? (by the way when at max load i get on average of 62 degrees)

Pro Llama

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

What is your ambient temperature? These temps do seem a little high. Are you using prime95 to get it to its max load?

If your ambient is much lower than your core temps you should try taking the side off of your computer and see if temps drop. If they do you need to fix your case airflow. If not you may have used too much thermal compound between the cpu and heat sink.

thegunners

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
the temps give is my ambient temp, i downlaod prime 95 to get its max load, the max tem i get is 66 after 10mins of the program ruuning (got bored), i checked the thermal paste and thers not a huge amount

Do you think it could be that the thermal paste that needs more time to settle if you know what i mean?