Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Power
  • Software
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 18, 2012 7:22:24 PM

Hello,
i had a powercut yesterday while the pc was on and now norton/itunes are missing files. when i try to reinstall it doesn't work? any ideas

More about : software hard drive problems power cut

March 18, 2012 7:56:45 PM

cookiesco1976 said:
Hello,
i had a powercut yesterday while the pc was on and now norton/itunes are missing files. when i try to reinstall it doesn't work? any ideas

is it a external hard drive? my HDD locked up and had to do a hard restart, reformating the HDD and somone told me to use Recuva, it can recover deleted files or files you cant access that have not been deleted , the software is a bit slow but gets the job done.
March 18, 2012 8:07:29 PM

Its an internal HDD that only got replaced in November :(  due to it frying perviously. We were hoping we wouldn't need to re-format it and re-install the OS etc. There's nothing major on the PC except game saves really that we should be able to transfer over to the laptop temporarily. Do you know of a simple step by step on how to re-format a Windows 7 OS HDD and then is it just a case of inserting the back-up disks when the blank drive starts up again? Thanks
Related resources
a b G Storage
March 18, 2012 8:08:52 PM

Have you tried restore?
-Bruce
March 18, 2012 8:12:53 PM

yip restore points have vanished :( 
March 18, 2012 8:31:57 PM

Have been chatting to a mate we're going to re-format and re-install seems to be the easiest option.

Cheers

Paul
!