stonetemplepilot

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hello,
how do i remove a 3rd party search from chrome?
some how a non google search engine has activated itself in chrome but only when i open a new tab. i can't identify it other than the site's logo is a swirly flower shape of red green blue and yellow. and it says "search results LLC"at the bottom.
what is this and how do i get rid of it?

babytech215

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
In the top right corner under the X will be 3 horizontal lines or a wrench. Click this box, scroll down to settings, and from there slowly scroll down and you will see search and manage search engines. You may be able to take it from here. Also you got adware or just junk in your computer or simple add-ons to an installation. Go to add/remove in Control Panel (programs & Features in 7/Vista) and delete what you know shouldn't be there. But I suggest downloading Revo Unistaller because that will also give you the option to download file fragments left behind after normal uninstalling. Don't forget running your anti-virus programs. AVG and Malwarebytes work good together. Malwarebytes is excellent and is only $20 after trial. I suggest always updating your virus protection because if not then you have no updated protection to new virus signatures. Let me know how this goes!

northwestsystems@live.com

macleonard

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
it in settings add on's