I frequently will highlight groups of files in Explorer and drag them to a
program, such as Word, to be opened. Suddenly, whenever I try to do this, I
get the "not allowed" icon (circle with a slash) in the taskbar.

Does anyone know how I can get this back?

--
Brett

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:37:25 -0500, Brett Weiss wrote:

> I frequently will highlight groups of files in Explorer and drag them to a
> program, such as Word, to be opened. Suddenly, whenever I try to do this, I
> get the "not allowed" icon (circle with a slash) in the taskbar.
>
> Does anyone know how I can get this back?

Is the problem limited to MS Word? If yes, ask this question in the Office
newsgroups. Be sure to include in your post what version of Word you are
using:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

No, it applies to all programs, not just Word.

--
Brett