Work Flow methods...please post your thoughts and suggesti..

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
November 28, 2004 4:16:08 PM

Hi,
Here is my workflow method from input to output. Please post any
comments , or suggestions on how this can be improved upon, and/or a
method that is best suited for digital imaging. There is not a lot of
info on this, as it seems different software companies tend not to
promote another company's software in the work flow process.

OS is Windows XP...so some progs may not apply for Mac users:

scans (mostly slide film) with Dimage Dual Scan IV (adobe RGB
profiled) > Adobe Photoshop CS ( dust scratch removal, crops, special
fx, color and lighting adjustments) > Qimage ( for expanding image
quality using better interpolation methods than Photoshop) >Adobe
Photoshop 'Neat Image' plugin to remove noise > 'Focalblade' plugin
for sharpening > Image Print (for outputting to my Epson 2200
printer)better ICC paper profiles than epson provided ones

What's your thoughts, suggestions, YOUR workflowchart etc...

Thx
Len
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 7:35:26 PM

leonardvb wrote:

> Hi,
> Here is my workflow method from input to output. Please post any
> comments , or suggestions on how this can be improved upon, and/or a
> method that is best suited for digital imaging. There is not a lot of
> info on this, as it seems different software companies tend not to
> promote another company's software in the work flow process.
>
> OS is Windows XP...so some progs may not apply for Mac users:
>
> scans (mostly slide film) with Dimage Dual Scan IV (adobe RGB
> profiled) > Adobe Photoshop CS ( dust scratch removal, crops, special
> fx, color and lighting adjustments) > Qimage ( for expanding image
> quality using better interpolation methods than Photoshop) >Adobe
> Photoshop 'Neat Image' plugin to remove noise > 'Focalblade' plugin
> for sharpening > Image Print (for outputting to my Epson 2200
> printer)better ICC paper profiles than epson provided ones
>
> What's your thoughts, suggestions, YOUR workflowchart etc...

General flow

Scan at max res with or without ICE as reqiuired -> TIF
Crop
Levels / contrast / color adjustments
USM (custom settings, image by image)
Save as master TIF
Repeat
Reload master
Resize down to desired size (print, web, e-mail)
USM (custom setings for each image size)
Save as (TIF/JPG)
Print (if req'd)
Close
Until done with that image

Backup

The use of other packages (Neat Image, etc would go into the flow where needed
prior to printing and/or archival. Color profiling is a "maintenance" task, not
a workflow task, IMO.

Cheers,
Alan