Sign in with
Your question

Need silent, good perfomance 1156 CPU fan for around $45-$80

Last response: in Components
May 10, 2010 7:25:53 PM

What would be a silent, good performance CPU fan? Prefer not to have LED or be enormous.
a c 133 à CPUs
May 10, 2010 11:55:07 PM

Nexus Universal Aluminum Heatpipe CPU Cooler XiR-2300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I am guessing you dont need it for overclocking and you just want a good functional quiet cooler well this nexus cooler has a max DB of 24 which is really quiet and at Idle it will be just about silent at 14 DB you will not find much quieter then this. It is a new unit but nexus usually makes quality products and I would say this is exactly what you are looking for. If you are planing on overclocking this should be ok for a mild overclock but you will need more metal if you want a big overclock.

m
l
May 11, 2010 12:01:11 AM

I was going to say I mean some just stock CPU coolers are actully really quiet. Like on my Intel Q6600.
m
l
Related resources
a c 133 à CPUs
May 11, 2010 12:10:04 AM

SHANEMARINES said:
I was going to say I mean some just stock CPU coolers are actully really quiet. Like on my Intel Q6600.

But would that fit a 1156 I dont think it will.
m
l
May 11, 2010 12:40:15 AM

saaiello said:
But would that fit a 1156 I dont think it will.

I was just saying that the stock coolers like the i5's and i7's and the AMD Quads have pretty nice coolers stock.
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
May 11, 2010 12:44:50 AM

SHANEMARINES said:
I was just saying that the stock coolers like the i5's and i7's and the AMD Quads have pretty nice coolers stock.

Yea they are OK and are pretty quiet but if you are doing alot of really CPU intensive stuff the stock coolers get to hot for my likeings and the OP might be feeling the same.
m
l
May 11, 2010 3:14:03 AM

saaiello said:
Nexus Universal Aluminum Heatpipe CPU Cooler XiR-2300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I am guessing you dont need it for overclocking and you just want a good functional quiet cooler well this nexus cooler has a max DB of 24 which is really quiet and at Idle it will be just about silent at 14 DB you will not find much quieter then this. It is a new unit but nexus usually makes quality products and I would say this is exactly what you are looking for. If you are planing on overclocking this should be ok for a mild overclock but you will need more metal if you want a big overclock.
That fan is below the price range that I said, and is louder than I want it to be.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2010 3:25:07 AM

You could get a big cooler, like say the Hyper 212+, and run the fan very slowly. Or replace the fan that comes with the 212+ with a super quiet one.
m
l
May 11, 2010 3:43:00 AM

Could I just get a suggestion for a specific fan in the price range that I stated? The 212 is too big, too cheap, and too loud for my taste.
m
l
May 11, 2010 4:42:15 AM

Too big, too heavy. Also too loud, I've seen far quieter. Picked this exact cooler out before I posted this thread and decided I didn't want it. Would prefer if someone suggests a fan based on experience or knowledge, and not by just picking out highly rated fans off of newegg, while knowing nothing about the fan.
m
l
May 11, 2010 5:56:11 AM

coree said:
Too big, too heavy. Also too loud, I've seen far quieter. Picked this exact cooler out before I posted this thread and decided I didn't want it. Would prefer if someone suggests a fan based on experience or knowledge, and not by just picking out highly rated fans off of newegg, while knowing nothing about the fan.

Well for one most of there guys here are running off a great amount of knowledge I mean your on Tom's!

Here you go some websites you need to look at:

http://www.quietpcusa.com/CPU-Cooler---Intel-LGA-1156-C...

http://www.acousticpc.com/zalman_cnps10x_extreme_quiet_...

Anyways thats as far as I go.

I hope this helps you out.
m
l
May 11, 2010 6:28:20 AM

I don't want a liquid cooler, I even said fan in the title. The websites linked weren't too helpful either. The fans on quietpcusa were the same as the ones I saw on newegg. The Zalman CNPS10X Extreme was loud and very heavy, as well as big. Looked up the other 1156 CPU coolers on acousticpc, I've already looked at all of them either on newegg or other various websites.
m
l
May 11, 2010 6:44:26 AM

coree said:
I don't want a liquid cooler, I even said fan in the title. The websites linked weren't too helpful either. The fans on quietpcusa were the same as the ones I saw on newegg. The Zalman CNPS10X Extreme was loud and very heavy, as well as big. Looked up the other 1156 CPU coolers on acousticpc, I've already looked at all of them either on newegg or other various websites.

I found you the perfect thing lol!

m
l
May 11, 2010 6:54:17 AM

coree said:
Need serious replies.

Sorry.
m
l
May 11, 2010 6:56:08 AM

Need serious replies.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2010 7:32:54 AM

coree said:

snip

Use the stock stock hsf, and put in a pair of ear plugs.

m
l
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2010 2:46:38 PM

Might want to check these guys out. We can keep suggesting coolers all day long, but it sounds like you are looking for something extremely specific, so you'll have to find it yourself:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
May 11, 2010 2:57:03 PM

Wow this guy is a piece of work I tell you we spatted off 6 or 7 great quiet fans and he says no to all. I mean dam if you know so much about these fans why are you asking us we listed some of the quietest and best fans. So I mean you know so much you go find a fan yourself because you are coming off quite rude in your replies when all we are doing is trying to help.
m
l
May 11, 2010 8:35:54 PM

To everyone with the respect in this room!

1: Don't come on TomsHardware and act like this!
2: This website and its dedicated members are giving you advice for FREE, except one thing our time isn't FREE!
3: Were helping hundreds of people a day for our fun and their benefits!

So there I said it and I'm being serious this time please just give everyone who does try to help you out or others some respect!

Thanx!
m
l
May 11, 2010 9:05:02 PM

Darn what type of fan do you want? You seem to know so much why the hell are you asking people and then you say no to everyone.
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
May 11, 2010 10:56:28 PM

Thats what I said LOL
m
l
May 12, 2010 12:32:29 AM

saaiello said:
Thats what I said LOL

I know but it's my opinion too.
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
May 12, 2010 12:37:25 AM

O I know I wasn't saying nothing towards you I was just agreeing. :) 
m
l
a c 692 à CPUs
May 12, 2010 3:04:26 AM

coree said:
Could I just get a suggestion for a specific fan in the price range that I stated? The 212 is too big, too cheap, and too loud for my taste.

You cannot be serious. It is one of the best coolers for the money right now. People here are trying to help you and all you are doing is being difficult.
m
l
May 12, 2010 11:00:30 AM

Wow we scarded him on a Toms level.

Sorry Coree, but if your still seeing these comments just be nice!

*CHEERS*

m
l
!