Need silent, good perfomance 1156 CPU fan for around $45-$80

Nexus Universal Aluminum Heatpipe CPU Cooler XiR-2300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835610013

I am guessing you dont need it for overclocking and you just want a good functional quiet cooler well this nexus cooler has a max DB of 24 which is really quiet and at Idle it will be just about silent at 14 DB you will not find much quieter then this. It is a new unit but nexus usually makes quality products and I would say this is exactly what you are looking for. If you are planing on overclocking this should be ok for a mild overclock but you will need more metal if you want a big overclock.

Yea they are OK and are pretty quiet but if you are doing alot of really CPU intensive stuff the stock coolers get to hot for my likeings and the OP might be feeling the same.

coree

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
That fan is below the price range that I said, and is louder than I want it to be.

coree

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Too big, too heavy. Also too loud, I've seen far quieter. Picked this exact cooler out before I posted this thread and decided I didn't want it. Would prefer if someone suggests a fan based on experience or knowledge, and not by just picking out highly rated fans off of newegg, while knowing nothing about the fan.

SHANEMARINES

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

Well for one most of there guys here are running off a great amount of knowledge I mean your on Tom's!

Here you go some websites you need to look at:

http://www.quietpcusa.com/CPU-Cooler---Intel-LGA-1156-C78.aspx

http://www.acousticpc.com/zalman_cnps10x_extreme_quiet_cpu_cooler.html

Anyways thats as far as I go.

I hope this helps you out.

coree

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I don't want a liquid cooler, I even said fan in the title. The websites linked weren't too helpful either. The fans on quietpcusa were the same as the ones I saw on newegg. The Zalman CNPS10X Extreme was loud and very heavy, as well as big. Looked up the other 1156 CPU coolers on acousticpc, I've already looked at all of them either on newegg or other various websites.

SHANEMARINES

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

I found you the perfect thing lol!

notty22

Distinguished

snip

Use the stock stock hsf, and put in a pair of ear plugs.

Wow this guy is a piece of work I tell you we spatted off 6 or 7 great quiet fans and he says no to all. I mean dam if you know so much about these fans why are you asking us we listed some of the quietest and best fans. So I mean you know so much you go find a fan yourself because you are coming off quite rude in your replies when all we are doing is trying to help.

SHANEMARINES

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
To everyone with the respect in this room!

1: Don't come on TomsHardware and act like this!
2: This website and its dedicated members are giving you advice for FREE, except one thing our time isn't FREE!
3: Were helping hundreds of people a day for our fun and their benefits!

So there I said it and I'm being serious this time please just give everyone who does try to help you out or others some respect!

Thanx!