Overclocking Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

dapww

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hi!

I'm new to overclocking and never done that before. My question is how to overclock my cpu? Tips/advices are really needed and appreciated!

My computer specs are:

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (Conroe) @ 1.86 GHz
4 x 1 GB DDR2 @ 667 MHz
ATI Radeon HD 4850 1024 mb
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

I guess that you already looked for overclocking in Google and know the basic things right?

Your CPU only can overclock using reference clock or FSB, but that setting is realted with RAM too, so, if you change that you are not only changing the CPU frequency but also the RAM frequency.

Set you RAM to the lowest possible frequency and start to rise in little steps the FSB in your BIOS and test for stability with prime95 or LinX for around 2 hours.

dapww

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for the information! But if you don't mind I have some other questions too.

Yeah looked in Google about the basics how to overclock and etc. But does my RAM efficiency lowers when I change RAM-s frequency? Or is it just basic step that I need to do?

Actually I also have another question. This is probably wrong place to ask this but if I want to change my CPU and I need to remove thermal paste from it, what is the best liquid/solution to do that? I've read that its possible to remove thermal paste with alcohol and with acetone. Do I have right information? I would use special thermal paste remover but right now I'm not able to buy that.

MasterFURQAN

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
follow this
restart the pc
goto bios setup(mostly by pressing del/f9)
goto each of the tab
you'll find clock / something like that increase it
save n exit

Your RAM efficiency will not change, since you are rising the FSB you RAM will hit again the default frequency but in other way.

Regarding the thermal paste remover, use just alcohol, acetone is a little hard for use with a CPU.

dapww

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks guys for the information! Tomorrow I try to do overclocking and then I see did I succeed or not.