Sign in with
Your question

Which P55 Motherboard should I buy?

Last response: in Systems
March 3, 2010 3:34:56 PM

Hello guys, Need little help over here. Tell me which motherboard suits me well.

System Usage: Photoshop, video editing, GAMING, programming, AutoDesk Maya (3D Modeling) and watching HD movies.

Available motherboards:

1. Asus P7P55D LE
2. Intel DP55WB
3. EVGA P55 FTW
4. EVGA P55 MICRO

I have to get one of the above mention mobos. So tell me which one should I buy? Why?

More about : p55 motherboard buy

a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2010 5:53:42 PM

You haven't really given us enough information to go off of. What graphics card(s) do you have? Do you want to leave the option of SLI/Crossfire open? If you want the option of adding another GPU later, I would get the EVGA P55 FTW since it's the only board that runs at 8x speed with two cards installed. If you don't need the option of adding another GPU, then either the Asus or EVGA boards would be best. Intel brand boards aren't up to the same quality standard.
March 3, 2010 6:27:06 PM

Meh, the p55 ftw 200 is 300$, at that price i would rather have an x58.\

Also, Maybe we could just sort of do a best AM3 best p55 and best x58 for the money thing here, for future threads.

Best AM3 200$ and over

Best AM3 100-200$

Best AM3 50-100$

Best p55 200$+

Best p55 100-200$

Best p55 50$-100$.

Best x58 400$+

Best x58 300-400

Best x58 200-300

Bewst x58 >200$
Related resources
March 3, 2010 6:33:12 PM

The Asus you listed is a cheap (cost-wise) board that should meet your needs. The FTW series by EVGA is their gaming line (much like Asus has its RoG line) A gamer board doesn't actually game any better than a regular board... it's just more geared towards hard-core overclockers. That said... any board should be adequate for getting your processor up to 3.6-3.8 GHz.
March 3, 2010 7:11:05 PM

Hey, we should fill out that chart i posted, either in this thread or a new one.
a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2010 7:15:07 PM

That's off the subject of this thread. It's also pointless because what you consider "best" and what somebody else considers "best" at a given price point will most likely not match. It's too subjective to be of any use.
March 3, 2010 7:17:05 PM

Well, if there's an arguement, we can just listen to whatever Mad says, just like we do in every other thread. I realy think a list of boards that outpreform at thier price point would be good, and helpfull in ALL NSB threads, including this one.
a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2010 7:20:17 PM

I don't. The OP clearly stated those four boards are his ONLY options. That's probably all that's available at whatever shop he's buying parts from. Different models are available in different parts of the world, too. You can never come up with a list of boards that's of any use. It's just fuel for a fanboi fight.
March 3, 2010 11:21:11 PM

I honestly think that if we got toghether, we could come up with a list of Boards that just outpreform at the price, and save a lot of people a lot of time.
March 4, 2010 12:53:09 AM

honestly i think he should get the P7P55D-E PRO its a great board and he will not be disappointed with it.

but ultimately its up to him to decide what to do. i recommend this board because of SATA III and USB 3.0 also personal use with this board has proven that it is quite a nice board indeed.
March 4, 2010 1:39:22 AM

shortstuff_mt said:
You haven't really given us enough information to go off of. What graphics card(s) do you have? Do you want to leave the option of SLI/Crossfire open? If you want the option of adding another GPU later, I would get the EVGA P55 FTW since it's the only board that runs at 8x speed with two cards installed. If you don't need the option of adding another GPU, then either the Asus or EVGA boards would be best. Intel brand boards aren't up to the same quality standard.

The VGA card will be Asus 5770 (CuCore). Right now I wont be able to do crossfire in this budget, but with in next year I will. :)  And Asus P7P55D LE doesn't support crossfire at 8x/8x right?
March 4, 2010 1:44:28 AM

rodney_ws said:
The Asus you listed is a cheap (cost-wise) board that should meet your needs. The FTW series by EVGA is their gaming line (much like Asus has its RoG line) A gamer board doesn't actually game any better than a regular board... it's just more geared towards hard-core overclockers. That said... any board should be adequate for getting your processor up to 3.6-3.8 GHz.

Well those two boards are same price over here. :(  EVGA P55 FTW is like 30K (262 USD) and Asus is like 29K (253 USD)
March 4, 2010 1:52:04 AM

shortstuff_mt said:
I don't. The OP clearly stated those four boards are his ONLY options. That's probably all that's available at whatever shop he's buying parts from. Different models are available in different parts of the world, too. You can never come up with a list of boards that's of any use. It's just fuel for a fanboi fight.

Yes exactly. Those are my only options. I couldn't get any other board since they are not available here. :( 

a b V Motherboard
March 4, 2010 1:52:29 AM

No, the Asus P7P55D LE doesn't run at 8x in crossfire. The second PCI-E slot runs at 4x. If you think you will ever possibly want to add another GPU, and those are your only four options, then I would get the EVGA FTW board.
March 4, 2010 6:33:05 PM

Well, according to the OP the FTW board is the same price as that basic Asus board... I guess that's where my money would be if I were in his shoes. It's worth mentioning that I don't think any of those boards have the more modern ports (USB 3.0 / 600 MB/s SATA)
March 4, 2010 6:40:25 PM

builderbobftw said:
I honestly think that if we got toghether, we could come up with a list of Boards that just outpreform at the price, and save a lot of people a lot of time.

So start a new thread with a title that reflects what you're trying to do. If enough people think it's worthwhile, it will get stickied. Don't hijack someone's build/advice thread for this.

(Yeah, my message probably shouldn't be here either.)

Back on-point, OP, since it sounds like you are expecting to SLI/CrossFire, go with shortstuff's recommendation.
March 4, 2010 7:24:45 PM

Alright, I'm going to start that thread later today.
!