What power supply?

jaywarren

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
I have emachine that needs a new power supply. It is model T3626 it has a Hipro model hp-p3527f3 now. Can anyone tell me what power supply I need to order from newegg that will work with this computer. Thanks!

If you dont have a real power hungry gpu to feed you can go with a lower wattage unit but I wouldnt got much cheaper then this unit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371003

You could go get one of those $20 units but I dont feel right recommending them since they are so cheaply made and could potentially fry your whole system when they fail. Your PSU is one of the most important components in your system and should not be skimped on ever.

jaywarren

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Thanks for the info. I did get one cheap $20 for my last computer. Used it for about a year. Moved my computer to different room and when I pluged it back in I had a blue spark shout out of power supply. And it was dead. Order a new $20 supply and back up and running. But if it can fry my computer maybe I should deep six it.

I did not want to spend a lot on this other computer. Not even 100% sure it is a bad power supply. It powers up and run's for a min or two then dies. If I get a better power supply for the EMachines. And it is not the power supply can I put it in my Gateway. Is it just a matter of using a adapter if it is a different number of pins? Are power supply's universal for the most part? Thanks!

Just about every computer these days uses a standard ATX power supply you should not need ant adapters at all to use it in a different machine. If its an older motherboard that uses 20 pin motherboard power connection most power supplies have a detachable connector for that reason.

If you do buy a better PSU keep in mind if you will be using a better GPU in the future for higher end GPU's you will need more powerful PSU's.

Keep these brands in mind.
Corsair, Antec, SeaSonic, Enermax