Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How does a Corsair H80 work

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 27, 2012 11:52:22 AM

So if I understand you put the radiator on the back of the case where normally the exhaust fan is. Corsair recommend you put that exhaust fan as a intake than it cools the radiator, how is this a good way? that means you will be putting hot air back into the case. How do you resolve this. My plan was

2 fans at the front intakes.
1 side panel fan to cool graphics card.
Top 2 fans exhaust
Back fan exhaust

How can I do this with the H80, I know you can put the H80 fan so it acts like a exhaust but than the radiator will be getting hot air.

More about : corsair h80 work

December 27, 2012 12:18:13 PM

I tried it both ways and there's no difference actually using it as an exhaust fan was better for me I'm not to sure how your system is set up but I would set it as exhaust fan.
December 27, 2012 12:30:28 PM

User4798 said:
I tried it both ways and there's no difference actually using it as an exhaust fan was better for me I'm not to sure how your system is set up but I would set it as exhaust fan.


But if I put it as a exhaust fan won't the raditior be getting hot air from the rest of the case?
Related resources
December 27, 2012 12:49:46 PM

Yeah beats me? Just someho I get lower temps blowing air from inside the case through the radiator. Dosent make any sense but it just works???
December 27, 2012 12:52:49 PM

User4798 said:
Yeah beats me? Just someho I get lower temps blowing air from inside the case through the radiator. Dosent make any sense but it just works???


How is your H80, I am going to get H80i and overclock to round 4.0-4.2ghz. All I been hearing is problems though, like a whining noise ect..
December 27, 2012 12:58:10 PM

I had h80 then I gave it to my brother but then I got the h100 and the h100 buzzes so badly. Are you looking ar a new wc system I can help because I'm also buying a new wc system and found a really good one not from corsair but its a lot better
December 27, 2012 12:58:26 PM

For the same price
December 27, 2012 1:00:09 PM

User4798 said:
I had h80 then I gave it to my brother but then I got the h100 and the h100 buzzes so badly. Are you looking ar a new wc system I can help because I'm also buying a new wc system and found a really good one not from corsair but its a lot better


Well I want a pre filled water cooled cpu heatsink, don't want one where you have to change the liquid every once in a while. What is the one you said is good?
December 27, 2012 1:03:01 PM

yeah its is a custom one but very low maintenance and alot better. if you like pre filled ones then go for it but the xspc rasa 450 is alot better.
December 27, 2012 1:04:52 PM

also antec and theres also an intel one that is pre filled but dont know if there any good? are you getting it from frozen cpu?
December 27, 2012 1:12:04 PM

User4798 said:
also antec and theres also an intel one that is pre filled but dont know if there any good? are you getting it from frozen cpu?


No. I live in the UK, I think I might just go with a air heatsink. I just keep hearing problems with these water coolers.
December 27, 2012 1:24:29 PM

lol just went to frozen cpu.coom and found this ;) 

corsair h80
"Reviewer: msjames (1)
Heard firecracker type pops then a dreaded burnt electical smell when this thing leaked into my bottom power supply and fried it. I hope it did not damage my mobo. Looking at least $300 worth of damage. But before it leaked...it worked very well."

not trying to make you scared but the corsair pre filled closed wc loops are apparently prone to leaks. never heard of and air coolers leaking tho :)  but if you want to get a air cooler one of the better ones is the Noctua NH-D14 witch i also have in my secondary pc (i only realized now that i have bought alot of cpu coolers!!) :)  or the thermaltake frio extreme (witch i dont have) :)  custom water cooling never leaks if you set it up properly and the fluid is non conductive anyway :) 
!