ChilledGrease

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Ok, so I followed this guide guide (http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclocking-guide-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition), and got up to 4.5Ghz on my i5 3570k in an Asrock z77 extreme6 with a cooler master hyper 212 evo. It ran the prime95 test just fine, but when I tried to run 3dmark or battlefield 3, they would hang the system. I increased the turbo voltage by one step, and same problem. Then I saw that I hadn't updated the BIOS, so I downloaded the update, closed all my programs, and started running it. It got through a few things it seems, then stopped responding and windows shut it down. Now when I start my computer I all the fans whir up, but I get nothing but a black screen. The Dr. Debug screen on the motherboard says "f2" which apparently means recovery process started, but that's it, nothing happens. I have a feeling I've seriously screwed something up here. Have I destroyed my system?

I pressed the reset button on the motherboard, and the clr cmos button, and now after saying 4F, the mobo says d0, which means "CPU initialization error" on a scale of 1 to 10, how ****ed am I?