A not so interesting question ..

dreamworks

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Hi guy .. have a simple question. I would like to enable crossfire on my system, so I bought an additional card. When I tried to install the card, I realize the 2nd PCI-e slot on the mainboard is located right at the bottom. The mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3L and the graphic card is Asus EAH5770.

I can't slot in the card for 2 simple reasons.

1. The card's fan is already touching the base of the chassis, leaving no room for the fan to operate properly.
2. Because the card takes up 2 slots, and the 2nd PCI-e slot is located right at the bottom, there is no place on the edge to slot it in. I checked .. most if not all the chassis I saw only has 7 slots at the back. Because of the nature whereby the 2nd PCI-e slot is located at the bottom (basically taking up the 7th slot), there is no way to put it in for the extra 8th slot.

Sorry if this sounds complicated, I'm trying to simplify it. :)

Any suggestions? Thanks ..

suteck

Distinguished
No it's not complicated - except that I can't find a gigabyte board with named Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3L :lol: LOL If you mean the Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L then you are correct in your placement of the cards so the only way to make that work is to get a different case, or start watercooling your video cards. I only found 1 case, Thermaltake Xaser VI with more than 7 slots. I just looked at mine and noticed it's the same way. If there's room maybe you can cut out a space in under your last slot for it?