win xp pro sp2 Dual Monitor - secondary monitory only in b..

Hello,

I had some problems with Win XP after the upgrade to SP2 (Networkcards did
not show up anymore in the Device Manager and anywhere else) and could not
fix it. So I decided it's time now do do a reinstall.

After installing XP and isntall the SP2 I struggeled around with a lot of
problems. The most obvious was: Massive problems with my Graphic cards. I
have a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 TV Out and an old PCI Viper V330 for the
secondary monitor. This setup worked fine before installation, but now,
after a reboot the secondary stays in grayscale mode.
When I put now a dos box on the secondary monitor, switch it to full screen
mode and type exit to close it, it switches to color mode again! This is a
nice workaround but no solution.

Has anybody an idea what to do?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas Scheucher

jeffrey

Distinguished
May 4, 2001

Hi,

Are all your drivers up to date? That`s usually the culprit for hardware
issuses after updating to SP2.

Jeff