win xp pro sp2 Dual Monitor - secondary monitory only in b..

Hello,

I had some problems with Win XP after the upgrade to SP2 (Networkcards did
not show up anymore in the Device Manager and anywhere else) and could not
fix it. So I decided it's time now do do a reinstall.

After installing XP and isntall the SP2 I struggeled around with a lot of
problems. The most obvious was: Massive problems with my Graphic cards. I
have a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 TV Out and an old PCI Viper V330 for the
secondary monitor. This setup worked fine before installation, but now,
after a reboot the secondary stays in grayscale mode.
When I put now a dos box on the secondary monitor, switch it to full screen
mode and type exit to close it, it switches to color mode again! This is a
nice workaround but no solution.

Has anybody an idea what to do?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas Scheucher
1 answer Last reply
More about dual monitor secondary monitory

    Hi,

    Are all your drivers up to date? That`s usually the culprit for hardware
    issuses after updating to SP2.

    Jeff

    "Andreas S." <noresponse@no.no> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I had some problems with Win XP after the upgrade to SP2 (Networkcards did
    > not show up anymore in the Device Manager and anywhere else) and could not
    > fix it. So I decided it's time now do do a reinstall.
    >
    > After installing XP and isntall the SP2 I struggeled around with a lot of
    > problems. The most obvious was: Massive problems with my Graphic cards. I
    > have a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 TV Out and an old PCI Viper V330 for the
    > secondary monitor. This setup worked fine before installation, but now,
    > after a reboot the secondary stays in grayscale mode.
    > When I put now a dos box on the secondary monitor, switch it to full
    > screen mode and type exit to close it, it switches to color mode again!
    > This is a nice workaround but no solution.
    >
    > Has anybody an idea what to do?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Andreas Scheucher

Configuration Dual Monitors Windows XP