Canon Zoombrowser EX

The latest version of Canon's Zoombrowser Ex, version 5.0 is much improved.
It is very different than past versions and is well worth upgrading to if
you have been using zoombrowser. In fact, if you haven't been using it,
you may want to reconsider.
Jack
9 answers Last reply
More about canon zoombrowser

    I haven't been able to find the updates on any of Canon's download pages,
    for either Zoombrowser 5.0 (I use 4.0.2 with my G1), or Digital Photo
    Professional/EOS Viewer Utility (I use with my 20D). All that they list for
    download on those pages are firmware updates and manuals in .pdf format.

    Is there another way ot find these updates?

    BW

    "Jack" <forrmark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The latest version of Canon's Zoombrowser Ex, version 5.0 is much
    > improved.
    > It is very different than past versions and is well worth upgrading to if
    > you have been using zoombrowser. In fact, if you haven't been using it,
    > you may want to reconsider.
    > Jack

    Strange, I went back to my camera purchase version. As I recall, my later
    version kept closing the camera window after a download and I couldn't find
    an option to make camara settings like date/time and owner. Maybe I missed
    that one.
    I'll get latest version and take another look.
    Dave Cohen

    "BWL" <razamanaz99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I haven't been able to find the updates on any of Canon's download pages,
    >for either Zoombrowser 5.0 (I use 4.0.2 with my G1), or Digital Photo
    >Professional/EOS Viewer Utility (I use with my 20D). All that they list
    >for download on those pages are firmware updates and manuals in .pdf
    >format.
    >
    > Is there another way ot find these updates?

    You might try searching for updates for a different camera model. I have a
    S1IS, and you can get the ZoomBrowserEX 5.0 update from there:
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=322&modelid=9824#New%20Window

    Just select the ink under " Software Applications and Updates "

    I suppose the ZoomBrowserEX is the same whichever Canon camera you have, but
    please don't blame me if I'm wrong;-)

    --
    Jan Otto

    The Zoombrowser EX updates are listed under drivers. I don't know why, but
    that's the way canon does it.
    Jack

    "

    "Jack" <forrmark@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The latest version of Canon's Zoombrowser Ex, version 5.0 is much
    improved.
    > It is very different than past versions and is well worth upgrading to
    if
    > you have been using zoombrowser. In fact, if you haven't been using it,
    > you may want to reconsider.
    > Jack

    Jack,

    could you please post a short summary of those improvements? I haven't
    been able to find release notes for the new version. Thx!

    Kind regards

    robert

    The interface is completely different and much improved. There is a new
    scroll through function which shows all your albums, sort of like Picasa.
    You can create a backup CD directly from Zoombrowser. There are so many
    changes that I can't remember them all. You have to see it for yourself.
    Jack

    "Jan Otto Ruud" <navnet.mitt@broadpark.no> wrote:

    > ... you can get the ZoomBrowserEX 5.0 update from there:
    > http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=322&modelid=9824#New%20Window

    Thanks for the URL. BTW it works fine on my Win2K SP4 system but gives
    an illegal instruction on startup on my Win98SE laptop. I upgraded
    from 4.6.1a on both machines.

    ---
    Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

    "Stuart Middleton-White" <SPAMLESSstuwhite@verizon.net> wrote in message news:3vtmq0l4g4uj6t102p10na8hmbe7099e7e@4ax.com...
    > "Jan Otto Ruud" <navnet.mitt@broadpark.no> wrote:
    >
    > > ... you can get the ZoomBrowserEX 5.0 update from there:
    > > http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=322&modelid=9824#New%20Window
    >
    > Thanks for the URL. BTW it works fine on my Win2K SP4 system but gives
    > an illegal instruction on startup on my Win98SE laptop. I upgraded
    > from 4.6.1a on both machines.

    Read the readme.

    "Mike" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > Read the readme.

    Ok ... Any particular section number?
    ZB 5.0 is supposed to work on Win98SE.

    ---
    Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Photo Canon Cameras