Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Canon Zoombrowser EX

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
November 28, 2004 6:43:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

The latest version of Canon's Zoombrowser Ex, version 5.0 is much improved.
It is very different than past versions and is well worth upgrading to if
you have been using zoombrowser. In fact, if you haven't been using it,
you may want to reconsider.
Jack

More about : canon zoombrowser

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 7:53:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I haven't been able to find the updates on any of Canon's download pages,
for either Zoombrowser 5.0 (I use 4.0.2 with my G1), or Digital Photo
Professional/EOS Viewer Utility (I use with my 20D). All that they list for
download on those pages are firmware updates and manuals in .pdf format.

Is there another way ot find these updates?

BW


"Jack" <forrmark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95AFAA2335393adeljack@216.196.97.142...
> The latest version of Canon's Zoombrowser Ex, version 5.0 is much
> improved.
> It is very different than past versions and is well worth upgrading to if
> you have been using zoombrowser. In fact, if you haven't been using it,
> you may want to reconsider.
> Jack
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 11:06:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Strange, I went back to my camera purchase version. As I recall, my later
version kept closing the camera window after a download and I couldn't find
an option to make camara settings like date/time and owner. Maybe I missed
that one.
I'll get latest version and take another look.
Dave Cohen

"Justín Käse" <chupacabra@operamail.com> wrote in message
news:41aa7133.9514532@chupacabra...
> In Message-ID:<SvednbpzDKFOyzfcRVn-ow@bright.net> posted on Sun, 28 Nov
> 2004 16:53:06 -0600, BWL wrote:
>
>>Is there another way ot find these updates?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3wdpd
> --
>
> JK
Related resources
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 3:59:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"BWL" <razamanaz99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:SvednbpzDKFOyzfcRVn-ow@bright.net...
>I haven't been able to find the updates on any of Canon's download pages,
>for either Zoombrowser 5.0 (I use 4.0.2 with my G1), or Digital Photo
>Professional/EOS Viewer Utility (I use with my 20D). All that they list
>for download on those pages are firmware updates and manuals in .pdf
>format.
>
> Is there another way ot find these updates?

You might try searching for updates for a different camera model. I have a
S1IS, and you can get the ZoomBrowserEX 5.0 update from there:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

Just select the ink under " Software Applications and Updates "

I suppose the ZoomBrowserEX is the same whichever Canon camera you have, but
please don't blame me if I'm wrong;-)

--
Jan Otto
November 29, 2004 12:14:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

The Zoombrowser EX updates are listed under drivers. I don't know why, but
that's the way canon does it.
Jack



"
> I haven't been able to find the updates on any of Canon's download
> pages, for either Zoombrowser 5.0 (I use 4.0.2 with my G1), or Digital
> Photo Professional/EOS Viewer Utility (I use with my 20D). All that
> they list for download on those pages are firmware updates and manuals
> in .pdf format.
>
> Is there another way ot find these updates?
>
> BW
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 5:43:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Jack" <forrmark@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:Xns95AFAA2335393adeljack@216.196.97.142...
> The latest version of Canon's Zoombrowser Ex, version 5.0 is much
improved.
> It is very different than past versions and is well worth upgrading to
if
> you have been using zoombrowser. In fact, if you haven't been using it,
> you may want to reconsider.
> Jack


Jack,

could you please post a short summary of those improvements? I haven't
been able to find release notes for the new version. Thx!

Kind regards

robert
November 29, 2004 5:43:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

The interface is completely different and much improved. There is a new
scroll through function which shows all your albums, sort of like Picasa.
You can create a backup CD directly from Zoombrowser. There are so many
changes that I can't remember them all. You have to see it for yourself.
Jack


> Jack,
>
> could you please post a short summary of those improvements? I haven't
> been able to find release notes for the new version. Thx!
>
> Kind regards
>
> robert
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 10:28:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Jan Otto Ruud" <navnet.mitt@broadpark.no> wrote:

> ... you can get the ZoomBrowserEX 5.0 update from there:
> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

Thanks for the URL. BTW it works fine on my Win2K SP4 system but gives
an illegal instruction on startup on my Win98SE laptop. I upgraded
from 4.6.1a on both machines.

---
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!
November 29, 2004 10:28:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Stuart Middleton-White" <SPAMLESSstuwhite@verizon.net> wrote in message news:3vtmq0l4g4uj6t102p10na8hmbe7099e7e@4ax.com...
> "Jan Otto Ruud" <navnet.mitt@broadpark.no> wrote:
>
> > ... you can get the ZoomBrowserEX 5.0 update from there:
> > http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...
>
> Thanks for the URL. BTW it works fine on my Win2K SP4 system but gives
> an illegal instruction on startup on my Win98SE laptop. I upgraded
> from 4.6.1a on both machines.

Read the readme.
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 12:15:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Mike" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> Read the readme.

Ok ... Any particular section number?
ZB 5.0 is supposed to work on Win98SE.

---
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!
!