paulrawr

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hi there, I received my replacement H60 today, as the previous one had the dreaded grinding/buzzing noise. To my surprise I find out I got the new H60 2013 Edition (Well, I think it is) instead of another old H60.

I was hoping that it would solve my problem and everything would be hunkydory but sadly it turns out to be louder than the previous. It's making a noise a bit like an aquarium but VERY loud, especially when compared to the stock cooler I was using while waiting for the replacement.

Also I think the temperatures I'm getting are a bit high for what it should be. I'm running a i7-2600 non-k edition at stock speeds and getting between 38 to 42c at idle.

Does anyone have any idea what I've done wrong is it another faulty component.

Cheers for the help.

Paul

Flipped the radiator over to see if it helps, just as noisy.
Any ideas? Should I try connecting the cooler's 3 pin to a different connection like on a Molex to 4 3pin connector.

paulrawr

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the Quick reply! Just tried tapping it but nothing has happened. I've noticed the wire is a bit twisted, would that cause it? I couldn't really position it without it being a bit twisted.

QjzKU.jpg

88y9Y.jpg

us11csalyer

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
I had my H60 for about two weeks and returned it. Got noisy and then started to have random temp spikes at idle. Its a POS if you ask me. 29.99 dollar cooler master hyper 212+ heat sink is doing nearly the same amount of cooling compared the H60 I had.

paulrawr

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Well I thought it might change seeing one is a newer version but I guess not. I will see if Corsair would like me return for a refund or credit or something..

Isn't there any fixes for this though?

paulrawr

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

I don't have a multimeter available at the moment so couldn't try out the first part.

I just done the second part and noticed a difference in sound; it has got quieter but it sounds about the same as my old H60, like a grinding/buzzing noise.

Thanks for your help; I've just e-mailed Corsair seeing if there's any other option they can give me instead of getting a replacement; hopefully I'll be able to get another model.

mikewhh

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
My H60 2013 is silent can not hardly hear my pc now. Almost keep trying to turn it on when it already on lol. I think it is because you have the radiator part upside down.

paulrawr

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

I've complained to corsair and they've offered me an H80 instead to see if that fixes the problem

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Corsair loves their customers :). H80 or H80i? If it's the H80 I think they are trying to just get rid of their old parts.