What sort of cooling should I get?

I've just built myself a new computer with this spec:

AsRock Z77 Extreme4
Core i5-3570k
8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GTX 670

I've built that into a CM Storm Trooper case. Now, I've been told that it would be almost stupid NOT to OC my CPU, but since I'm running with stock cooling at the moment, I figured it would be a waste of effort to do it now.

The thing is that for someone like me, its a jungle out there with air cooling vs closed water cooling. So I would really like to hear your ideas on what sort of cooler I should get? And which?

Also, my RAM modules got heatsinks on them so I dont have a ton of room.

I've also asked this question on other sites.

6 answers Last reply
More about what sort cooling
  1. I've looked at the Hyper212+ since its so cheap. What do you think?
  2. That's a good choice. But there really is no need to overclock unless you really want to do so.
  3. Really? People are just saying that its almost stupid not to do it.
  4. You really only need to overclock when you have to.
  5. Yes, the Hyper 212+(Or 212 evo, its successor) represents great value for cpu cooling. It'd serve you just fine for sane overclocks.
  6. PF85 said:
    Really? People are just saying that its almost stupid not to do it.

    Don't pay attention, almost everyone is very arrogant when it comes to their opinions.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Overclocking