New rig crashing BF BC2

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Hello , I guess this would be the correct section to post this question in. I have searched the BF forums and found no solution. I figured I would post here first.

I am having issues with BC2. I just built my new rig which consists of the following.

I5-750
4GB Corsair DDR3
EVGA GTX285 2GB
EVGA P55 SLI
Coolermaster 850w
Corsair H50
SB 7.1 Extreme
Antec 900
Win 7 64

** No OC **

My cpu idles around 27 and hits only 45 under load.My gpu idles at 37 and hits 60 under load at 80% fan speed. The problem is that I keep crashing when playing BC2. I get a random colored screen with looping sound that requires a hard reboot. I can sometimes play for 4 hours straight without crashing and sometimes it happens within 2 minutes. It only happens with this game. I have run prime for 24 hours with no issues. I have no clue what to do.

This sounds like the issue that was associated with the Nvidia driver from August of last year. I did a driver sweep in safe mode but the crashing has not gone away.

One note : I did not reinstall win 7 after the hardware swap. I doubt this is causing the problem but it's my next step.

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Solution
Guys this is a problem with the GAME ITSELF. So please bring these issues to the BFBC2 Forum. Nearly everyone in the beta was getting crashes, bsods, and freezes.

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
same things happening to me .. i have win7 64 bit.. OC edition 4890.. ect ect.. but ya.. it goes to weird lines.. sometimes a grey, white, and once a beige screen.. and i have to ctr+alt+del into task manager.. sometimes it wont even let me do that and i have to do restart the pc.. i thought it was my 10.2 gpu drivers.. but i uninstalled em.. went back to a 10.1 and still crashed on me.. so i got 10.2 again and still the same.. it seems like its mainly happening to win7 64bit systems..

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Guys this is a problem with the GAME ITSELF. So please bring these issues to the BFBC2 Forum. Nearly everyone in the beta was getting crashes, bsods, and freezes.

Solution