Solved

XFX X58i SLI Intel X58 Socket video Problem.

Hello,
I just got this motherboard and either the onboard or the x16 PCI card slots will not put-out an image. My Video card is XFX Radeon HD 4850 and it's made for this motherboard. Whats going on? I've done all the trouble shooting I can't and nothing comes up?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about x58i intel socket video problem
  1. Specifically which motherborad? As well as the rest of your system, CPU, PSU, RAM.
  2. Here is my setup
    System:
    >XFX X58i SLI Intel X58 Socket LGA1366 Motherboard
    >Tri Channel 6144MB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz
    >Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1366 CPU
    >PSU - Ante 6250W EarthWatts Model EA-650
    >Corsair CPU Cooling H50
    >LG Blu-ray Burner (SATA)
    >Multi-WD HDD (SATA)

>XFX Radeon HD 4850 - Have different cables to adjust (no cable problems, they all work with other monitors/computer I own).
    It's All New - I've built Computers before but never had this problem. It's usually a encoding problem which I can fix but these, don't understand.
  3. >PSU - Antec 650W Earthwatts model EA-650
  4. Do you have an old graphics card to test out in your new system? and/or an old system to test your new card? That would surely tell us whats wrong.
  5. my old system cannot take the New Card and the other way around. My systems are about 5/6 years apart...
  6. Best answer
    Raceonthego said:
    my old system cannot take the New Card and the other way around. My systems are about 5/6 years apart...

Is this a completely new build? If so, go through this check list.

Do your fans, motherboard, HDD etc power on when you start the PC, is there a speaker connected to your motherboard so you can hear possible beep codes?

Try reseating the video card, and make sure the power cable is securely connected.
  7. Best answer selected by r_manic.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Motherboards Graphics