peyman_tp

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
Hello. My motherboard doesn't have a pcie bus setting (which i assume should be set to 100) and that worries me since I have heard that if it's over 100 then my graphics card will be damaged. I also have noticed that my gpu (GTX 260 c216) temps have been higher than usual since i oced my cpu (2.8 ghz --> 3.5 ghz) around 4-5C higher. is there any kind of software that will allow me to change (or at least monitor) my pcie bus speed in windows? thanks.

Solution

Those temps are ok and should be good for years but you should every month or so blast the dust out to keep the temps ware they are. The gpu core will last for years at those temps. After a year I would...

peyman_tp

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009

Actually, my cpu is cooled by a corsair h50, which is a watercooling kit and drives the heat directly out of the case. As for case cooling, I have a NZXT Tempest which has 4 120mm and 2 140mm fans. So, I think it could be because of dust.
By the way: my GTX 260 c216 (factory oc) temps go around 60-66C when playing gta iv or Crysis. During simpler games like Modern Warfare 2 and Bioshock and Batman AA, i get 54-60C. fan speed is always on 60%. are these temps "unsafe"? i don't want to shorten my graphics card's life span. thanks.

Those temps are ok and should be good for years but you should every month or so blast the dust out to keep the temps ware they are. The gpu core will last for years at those temps. After a year I would replace the stock thermal compound typically goes bad on most cards even on the low end.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS