Sign in with
Your question

2600$ rig, comments?

Last response: in Systems
March 4, 2010 12:48:03 AM

Alright I know ive been posting alot about my rig but im just doing it for security reasons because i dont want spend that type of money and then have something go wrong/sometihng im not happy with.

so heres my rig so far, its amd as i dont want to spend the extra money on an i7920 and have to deduct some features from the amd rig

- coolermaster HAF 922 case
- AMD phenom II x4 965 Black edition processor
- [crossfire] hd 5870 1gb Video cards
- 8gb [2x4] ddr3 - 1800 RAM
- Gigabyte Ga-790FXTA-ud5 Mobo
- Corsair CMPSU - 1000hx watt psu
- 1 tb HDD
- Asetek liquid cooling system ( or i can a thermaltake maxorb air cooler but i dont think my cpu will get to hot for that .. )
- Windows 7 ultimate

and yes this equals up to 2600$ also including the monitor, mouse , keyboard and extra software etc im getting in a bundle from ibuypower

i have a question too .. the coolings only for your cpu right? what cools your graphics cards as i heard crossfire 5870's can get REALLY hot .. will my case be big enough for them to get suffiecent airflow ?? any comments or anything would be greatly appreciate :)  :) 

p.s. im probably not going to change anything unless strongly advised because im quite happy with this build :p 

More about : 2600 rig comments

March 4, 2010 1:04:06 AM

Hi.

1- You don't need a LCS for that rig.
2- 8GB for what?, 4GB is enough
3- 1000W for waht?, for Crossfire, ATI says that with a 600W PSU is enough See here
4- Is the HDD the spinpoint F3?
5- With that budget, you can build an i7 rig.
Related resources
March 4, 2010 1:16:17 AM

^Well, you right, but $2600 for an AMD rig isn't a good deal.
March 4, 2010 1:19:34 AM

saint19 said:
Hi.

1- You don't need a LCS for that rig.
2- 8GB for what?, 4GB is enough
3- 1000W for waht?, for Crossfire, ATI says that with a 600W PSU is enough See here
4- Is the HDD the spinpoint F3?
5- With that budget, you can build an i7 rig.

1. The liquid cooling comes for free with the computer the Air cooling is actually extra
2. I dont know i just want 8gb :S I dont want to have to worry about upgrading and thatll do me for a long time im hoping
3. and once again just for the future for whatever comes out .. it fits in my budget so why not
4. As for the hdd im not sure ....
5. and im aware that i can build an i7 rig but ive already tried configuring NUMEROUS i7 rigs and it takes away from some of the extras i want to get with my comp , Im only 14 so this computer is PLENTY enough for me im not looking for some amazing computer , this will run games such as crysis at a adequetly high fps so im plenty happy :)  thanks for your response though
March 4, 2010 1:23:47 AM

saint19 said:
^Well, you right, but $2600 for an AMD rig isn't a good deal.

yes definably isn't a good deal, on my answer I stated he could build the same ring for $1200-$1300

On my first post i recommended i7, it has a 28'monitor and a bunch of accessories for $2800, in case he wanted to use his $3000 budget, we did strongly advice against $300o for an amd build.
March 5, 2010 12:48:26 AM

snakej said:
yes definably isn't a good deal, on my answer I stated he could build the same ring for $1200-$1300

On my first post i recommended i7, it has a 28'monitor and a bunch of accessories for $2800, in case he wanted to use his $3000 budget, we did strongly advice against $300o for an amd build.

hmm ... i might think about the i7 build now ... its just that fitting all the stuff i want into it ( crossfire 5870's) etc. into the budget is a pain in the asss .. but ill reread your previous post and contemplate it .. AMD just seemed cheaper and the reviews i have read didnt seem to act as the 965BE was a bad processor at all , nor the mobo
March 5, 2010 12:54:54 AM

we never said it was bad, lets put it this way, if you have 1,000,000 dollars and you decide to buy a car, with that kind of money would you buy a Honda/Toyota/Ford instead of a Mercedes/Audi/BMW?

BTW a 5870 Crossfired isn't needed, why dont you just get a 5970, are you playing in 3 monitors because 1 5870 would do really well on the 28" monitor i posted in the other thread, here it is again.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
March 5, 2010 12:59:25 AM

No i know, i just built one on ibuypower that was an i7 build and heres what I came up with ...

- i7 920 ( theres a 930 at 2.8ghz would you mind to explain the difference between them? the 930 is only 5$ extra so i dont see why not to get that one)
- 1000 CMPSU - corsair hx psu
- crossfire 5870's
- HAF 922 case
- liquid cooling ( asetek )
- Gigabyte - X58A - UD7 mobo
- windows 7 professional
- 6gb ddr3 1800 ram
I will read the post you left on my previous thread and relook that too
March 5, 2010 1:07:01 AM

you said you were 14 right?do you have an older brother around your age?, or is your dad tech savvy?, because Ibuypower is gonna reap you off, try to get someone to help you build it yourself.
March 5, 2010 1:16:34 AM

Yes im 14 , and no I dont I only have my dad but in the sense of building a computer Im more tech savvy then he is .. he excels in certain areas more then i do but not in this .. I could try to assemble it myself but i have a feeling it would be too difficult for me .. couldnt you just order the parts and have a computer store assemble it?
March 5, 2010 1:27:12 AM

yes, i dont see why not, except for the fact that they wont do it for free, as matter of fact we're actually trying to get rid of the third party thats its charging you money, so you can use that money for better parts, Ibuypower or a computer store represents this third party, you'r dad sounds cool, I would say you need to talk to him, and explain why building is better than buying, and that you need his help, it might be a fun father and son project, heck why didnt i think of that, I might do the same :) 
March 5, 2010 1:30:51 AM

hahaha yeah your right :)  , as i was waiter your response I was checking out some parts on Newegg, and it does seem HELL of a lot cheaper .. I wouldnt mind getting some experience building a computer , Sorry since i chose you for the best answer on my last thread the thread got deleted ... Would you mind sending me the parts for the i7 build again that would fit the 2600$ budget please? If you dont want to i can try and search newegg for a while :p 
March 5, 2010 1:48:39 AM

ohh :p  sorry i couldnt find it , ill reread it
!