augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
> problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
> jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
> to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
> moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
> and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?

I believe you've gotten yourself stuck in the floor. I've not experienced
it much but I've heard of it. Next time it happens go to 3rd person and see
if your feet are there. The best advice I can give you is watch out for
cracks and uneven floors when you're climbing off a wall or ladder or if
you're jumping onto a higher area.

Good Luck
Loony

Augustus wrote:

> As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
> problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
> jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
> to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
> moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
> and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?

This seems to happen for me mostly when I'm trying a tricky jump.
Usually, it can be fixed by finding (or creating) a small drop to
complete the jumping animation. Sometimes, even gliding over a body at
the right angle will fix it. Experiment.

"Canthlian" <canthlian@sadlittlelook.com> wrote in message
> Augustus wrote:
>
> > As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
> > problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch
or
> > jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you
go
> > to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around
when
> > moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to
quit
> > and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?
>
> This seems to happen for me mostly when I'm trying a tricky jump.
> Usually, it can be fixed by finding (or creating) a small drop to
> complete the jumping animation. Sometimes, even gliding over a body at
> the right angle will fix it. Experiment.

I just got my climbing gloves (which I think are cool! - never could get the
hang of the rope arrows). I got Garrett to climb a wall and he got stuck in
a floating building. Very odd. Anyway it was time for bed, so not really a
problem.

Mary

Augustus left a note on my windscreen which said:

> As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
> problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
> jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
> to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
> moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
> and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?

I've had that once. You can save the game at that position, reload and
he should be back on his feet as it were.

Worked for me at least.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]