Weird bug?

As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?
5 answers Last reply
More about weird
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Not I.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
    > problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
    > jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
    > to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
    > moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
    > and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?

    I believe you've gotten yourself stuck in the floor. I've not experienced
    it much but I've heard of it. Next time it happens go to 3rd person and see
    if your feet are there. The best advice I can give you is watch out for
    cracks and uneven floors when you're climbing off a wall or ladder or if
    you're jumping onto a higher area.

    Good Luck
    Loony
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Augustus wrote:

    > As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
    > problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
    > jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
    > to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
    > moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
    > and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?

    This seems to happen for me mostly when I'm trying a tricky jump.
    Usually, it can be fixed by finding (or creating) a small drop to
    complete the jumping animation. Sometimes, even gliding over a body at
    the right angle will fix it. Experiment.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Canthlian" <canthlian@sadlittlelook.com> wrote in message
    > Augustus wrote:
    >
    > > As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
    > > problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch
    or
    > > jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you
    go
    > > to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around
    when
    > > moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to
    quit
    > > and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?
    >
    > This seems to happen for me mostly when I'm trying a tricky jump.
    > Usually, it can be fixed by finding (or creating) a small drop to
    > complete the jumping animation. Sometimes, even gliding over a body at
    > the right angle will fix it. Experiment.

    I just got my climbing gloves (which I think are cool! - never could get the
    hang of the rope arrows). I got Garrett to climb a wall and he got stuck in
    a floating building. Very odd. Anyway it was time for bed, so not really a
    problem.

    Mary
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Augustus left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > As I progress through the game, I've come across a strange
    > problem.....Garrett at times "freezes" in one position....can't crouch or
    > jump, but "glides" forwards and back, side to side when moved. When you go
    > to 3rd person view he is frozen in one position, just gliding around when
    > moved. Sometimes this fixes itself after a while, sometimes I have to quit
    > and reload the save to get back to normal. Anyone else run across this?

    I've had that once. You can save the game at that position, reload and
    he should be back on his feet as it were.

    Worked for me at least.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]