Computer won't boot to Windows

william38

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hello,
I seem to have the exact issue seen on this forum. I have a Dell 3000 Dimension and it stopped booting to windows a year ago, boxed it up and forgot about it. Now I'd like to see if I can fix it. I have all the original discs it came with but I can't get the computer to boot to a disk, it shows some quick PBR, something something 2 (so quick I can't read it) and goes right back to the black screen and sits there.

I started pushing ctrl+alt+delete so I could try and get it to respond.
I tryed to go to safe mode and all it did was multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe,...\system 32\hal.dll,and ...system 32\KDCOM.DLL.
I've tried the Operating System Disc and like I said the computer won't boot to any disc. Can you help? It seems others were able to fix the problem that seems the same as mine, I just don't get how?

ktownmike

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Track the beeps, if any, there may be lights on the back to give you a clue, but I can damn near guarantee if you look at the mother board you will see swollen capacitors, replace them and you are good, or chase ghosts for a while.