• DVD Writers
  • LG
  • Electronic
  • Blu-ray
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 20, 2012 1:52:50 AM

I was looking for a Blu-Ray writer and I came across this LG model:

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-WH12LS39K-Blu-Ray-...">LG Electronics WH12LS39K M-Disc</a>

It says that it also burns M-Discs, with which I've never had any experience. There are reviews but I'm guessing that most of them occur shortly after the purchase. Has anyone had any experience with M-Discs and this model of Blu-Ray writer. Is it dependable?

Thanks

More about : opinions blu ray writer disc

March 20, 2012 2:16:29 AM

I am curious about this also. I can't help you with comments on the BluRay but I have had very good luck with the LG DVD burners. All of my builds have nothing but LG optical drives in them currently and my new build will probably use a few from this rig even though they are over 6 years old. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. My only complaint about the new LG's is the chrome strip across the front, but that's being picky.
m
l
March 20, 2012 2:52:23 AM

Thanks for that at least. Maybe we'll be lucky and someone else will chime in about M-Discs.
m
l
Related resources
a c 205 G Storage
March 20, 2012 8:25:57 PM

In 2009, the Defense Department's Naval Air Warfare Weapon's Division facility at China Lake, Calif. was interested in digitizing and permanently storing information. So it tested Millenniata's M-Disc against five other optical disc vendors: Delkin Devices, Mitsubishi, JVC, Verbatim and MAM-A.

"None of the Millenniata media suffered any data degradation at all. Every other brand tested showed large increases in data errors after the stress period. Many of the discs were so damaged that they could not be recognized as DVDs by the disc analyzer," the department's report states.

Computerworld.com
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
March 21, 2012 1:14:31 AM

Area51, I think he was looking for a Blu-ray writer.
m
l
a c 205 G Storage
March 21, 2012 11:19:03 AM

I know,i was just showing one of the few drives that has the M option.
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
April 4, 2012 2:19:20 AM

^ Have to Laugh, Just ordered that one a couple of hours ago - Need it like another hole in the head.
m
l
a c 205 G Storage
April 4, 2012 10:33:42 PM

Chief let me know how the drive works!
m
l
!